723 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BigZ says

Hey guys. Has anyone of you been hired as freelancer to work in-house in a company in another country for a short amount of time (fulltime)?

What do you ask? Your normal freelance hourly wage for all the working hours + extra expenses (place to stay, travel & living) ?

723 posts
+4 more
BigZ says

*What do you ask? = what do you charge?

905 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
unchartedrealms says

I worked with some guys that were 60 an hour in house fulltime for a few weeks. It was also around 60 and hour when they worked from home to. It was always hourly based but also garunteed bulk hours

556 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeScience says

Hey guys. Has anyone of you been hired as freelancer to work in-house in a company in another country for a short amount of time (fulltime)? What do you ask? Your normal freelance hourly wage for all the working hours + extra expenses (place to stay, travel & living) ?

Don’t be afraid to ask , for what you need. Figure out your expense, and tie them in with your profits. Do the math, and if it doesn’t work out then its not worth it,and you need to adjust your needs, or your salary.

:)

1661 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

I always thought the hourly rate is a wrong way to estimate work. An experienced developer might take a few minutes for a job done in several hours.

Consider also that being a freelancer, I mean a real one, means that you have full freedom and work on more projects at the same time… you have to give up your freedom by working in-house and this means less revenue for you. I’d ask the double of your usual rate inclusive of all the expenses.

3749 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

^ Really important point.

If you are quickly in your work, that MUST benefit you, and not your client.

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

^ Really important point. If you are quickly in your work, that MUST benefit you, and not your client.

+1 Especially for Flash and related jobs, experience+skill helps a lot to complete the job quickly which should benefit the developer (not the opposite). Not sure how the hourly rate can help.

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I work like this all the time as i always looking for freelancer base on my projects to come work for me its much more fun this way and very fertilize i can heave sometime up to 7-8 freelancer working for me on a single project and some from allover the place .

I can tell you this you shouldn’t ask anything if someone wants you in the in-house he will make you the offer if its for a single project or long term.

If you fighting for the job that’s other issue.

Never agree to work base on hourly rate ,they will cut you on any opportunity they can to save money, really man don’t do that it’s a bad business(if it’s a good business place they probably will never offer you hourly rate) ,always go for a global salary ,see if you get bonus or even some benefit like expanse , more imported always look for your freedom there make sure you are doing there what you suppose to do and not doing something else cos` there is no job for you right now.

i am still holding for Pez to learn AS3 so I can invite him to work for me for a short project. But the man is to lazy :P

3749 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

i am still holding for Paz to learn AS3 so I can invite him to work me for a short project. But the man is to lazy :P

Learn flash nowadays? Are you crazy man?

:P

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

i am still holding for Paz to learn AS3 so I can invite him to work me for a short project. But the man is to lazy :P

Learn flash nowadays? Are you crazy man?

:P

i have no use for you if its AS2 :P .

And man you can hold your time for Palma or maybe Israel ,i know you never been there holy man :P (though there is not much job there for flash) or if you prefer the samba way in Brazil we can do that also .

Ya I forget that small issue you need to learn it first,many still learn it, trust me.

Any way summer coming to Spain ,its a good place to be :P

by
by
by
by
by
by