If you have MediaTemple account, they’ve started partnership with CloudFlare which is free for basic use. Also, MT has its own Pro CDN .
ranfirefly saidWell, the marketplaces are using it
I was just about looking for cloud hosting, and Amazon was one of them.
Is there anybody else using it and can recommend on Amazon?
That should be a good enough reason, it were for me anyway haha!
Actually, all envato stuff is hosted on slicehost (acquired by rackspace).
Except marketplaces (not incl. tutsplus) — they’re on rackspace.
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Envato Staff
- Exclusive Author
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
I have used Amazon S3 on a number of big projects with no real problems at all. It was easily able to handle everything thrown it’s way even under heavy traffic.
I have also used Rackspace many times and they are an excellent host very fast very reliable.
I think either of those are fine options for just about anything.