1568 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
rahulbist says

doesn’t the backup software slowdown the pc :?

485 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
omarabid says
I have a 1TB external drive full with files I need and crashed 4 days ago. How do you guys backup with dropbox with the free account is only 2GB?

Because I use only 40 MB of the storage. I wonder what you are storing there.

499 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
TutelageSystems says
I have a 1TB external drive full with files I need and crashed 4 days ago. How do you guys backup with dropbox with the free account is only 2GB?
Because I use only 40 MB of the storage. I wonder what you are storing there.

On dropbox using referral you can potentially get up to 10 gigabytes for free. (8 through referrals and 2 on your free account).

69 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Sri Lanka
vinoj says

I just copy and paste my project folders from one hard drive to another every time I changed the files :)

364 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
chrisfay says
If you do find one please let us know though… I lost about 6 hours of coding a few weeks ago cause flashdevelop crashed and wiped everything that was open :x:( (i’ve since disabled their auto backup which is what caused it)
for coding files I recommend using a version control software like svn which not only serves as a backup but also gives you the ability to revert back to a previous state especially if your client asks for changes and then the next day comes back and say I need the site like it was 2 days ago.

+1

I use local git repos most the time for coding projects. Otherwise, I use Live Sync to keep my changes updated across multiple machines – I like it more than Dropbox, very fast/simple/lightweght, and nice to get home and pick right up on a project without worrying about moving files.

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
NancyBaym says

I don’t use continuous backup software, I’ve tried it before but it is no good for my business. It is easier for me to set a weekly schedule and let it work automatically. I recently I started using Praetorian Guard and it does a very decent job. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by