no-thumbnail
OnlineMediaGiant Recent Posts Threads Started
6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
OnlineMediaGiant says

I noticed there are a lot of different types of ecommerce sites available – zen cart, opencart, shopify, etc.. what are your suggestions for the best available option? Also would wordpress be best? Looking for great design, easy to manage large volume of products, and also a payment gateway for credit cards. Thank you!!!

707 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ChillThemes says

I can’t vouch for the others you listed but I recommend WordPress + WooCommerce. It all boils down to what you’re most familiar with.

651 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Your client’s business requirements are the most important factor. WP eCommerce might be the simplest to get running because you know WordPress, but if the business requires more advanced payment, tax, shipping, or CRM integrations then you need a platform dedicated to eCommerce like Magento.

While something like WooCommerce is backed by a small dedicated team, it’s certainly not the same as Magento which has eBay’s full range of resources feeding its development.

Different solutions are applicable to different businesses, that’s how you should be deciding.

by
by
by
by
by
by