2445 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I like option B! ;) Is it worth buying a new MacBook Pro now or when the new ones are released, because we all know there is going to be new ones out this year. Gives me time to save up as well…
Definitely wait. You’ve passed the point of no return on buying before it’s outdated. You will be glad you waited because the rumor has it that there will be a battery breakthrough (maybe) and almost 100% sure a body redesign and a bump up to “Retina” DPI screens (so double the current 1440×900). Don’t even think about buying the current gen!

Exactly what I’m planning too :)

3007 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

This is my baby.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LT27A950ND/ZA

Expensive, but the quality is amazing versus the old dell i had.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

I like option B! ;) Is it worth buying a new MacBook Pro now or when the new ones are released, because we all know there is going to be new ones out this year. Gives me time to save up as well…
Definitely wait. You’ve passed the point of no return on buying before it’s outdated. You will be glad you waited because the rumor has it that there will be a battery breakthrough (maybe) and almost 100% sure a body redesign and a bump up to “Retina” DPI screens (so double the current 1440×900). Don’t even think about buying the current gen!
Exactly what I’m planning too :)

Depending on how incredible the update is (if the screen really does double both dimensions) and the redesign is irresistible, I may have to upgrade my 2011 Quad-Core MBP . Otherwise, I’ll stick with it as I’ve already upgraded the RAM and installed a ridiculous SSD so nothing stock from Apple will be beating this baby. :-D

1734 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

This is my baby. http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LT27A950ND/ZA Expensive, but the quality is amazing versus the old dell i had.

Looks awesome, but my two cents – I don’t see any professional specs, e.g. color analysis and I think WildeMedia needs a monitor for designing purposes. In other words, the amazing quality might mean that it doesn’t display colors linearly (without improving them) and the designer needs to see what the majority of users will see.

These are all guesses.

2445 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Depending on how incredible the update is (if the screen really does double both dimensions) and the redesign is irresistible, I may have to upgrade my 2011 Quad-Core MBP . Otherwise, I’ll stick with it as I’ve already upgraded the RAM and installed a ridiculous SSD so nothing stock from Apple will be beating this baby. :-D

For me, it would be the first Mac I’d own, so I’m definitely waiting :D

What I hate about it is that you got to pay $150 extra if you don’t want a glossy screen. Which sucks for a laptop, because it’s a portable machine, which means you’ll never have the perfect light setup you create in your basement while being on the go… :/ But that’s Apple…

1276 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

For me, it would be the first Mac I’d own, so I’m definitely waiting :D

What I hate about it is that you got to pay $150 extra if you don’t want a glossy screen. Which sucks for a laptop, because it’s a portable machine, which means you’ll never have the perfect light setup you create in your basement while being on the go… :/ But that’s Apple…

This is the only thing that bugs me about Apple. They know people aren’t going to want a mirror for a screen, especially if your working outside in the sun, sipping on a cocktail. I can’t do that because I live in the UK. :(

I think Apple have seen a money maker there because they know everyone will pay the extra, so mine is going to cost near on £2k!

3717 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred more than 5000 members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I must admit, I’ve never seen anyone use an MBP without the glossy screen, and when I work in my garden (granted, that’s only in summer) the screen tends to be bright enough to block out any glare/reflections… Well, in my case anyway

1276 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

I must admit, I’ve never seen anyone use an MBP without the glossy screen, and when I work in my garden (granted, that’s only in summer) the screen tends to be bright enough to block out any glare/reflections… Well, in my case anyway

My brothers got one with the matte screen and he says he prefers it. I work on the 27” display at work and I can see reflections all over it.

1111 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
3alisha says

Alert Christine !

Before you go buy a MacBook Pro.. Take a look at this compact Quad beast ! And compare yourself.. I am planning to buy one as soon as it gets released here in Lebanon :D

(a bit off topic, but regarding your previous thread, i think it is relevant)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4716/samsung-releases-series-7-laptops

Cheers! :D

*Edit: It costs less than 1000 Pounds ! And sports the specs of 17” mbp, but is even more portable.

78 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
DesignitTonight says

My brothers got one with the matte screen and he says he prefers it. I work on the 27” display at work and I can see reflections all over it.

I considered the matte but you lose the lovely glossy black border around your screen, plus I hear the matte doesn’t offer as good of colours.

I’m buying a MBP 17 ” when the new ones come out, along with an Apple Cinema Display.

by
by
by
by
by
by