2057 posts
    Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Landonw says

title says it all. I have a new computer and I’m looking for a great solution for editing code – not notepad++. I need something even better.

607 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

I guess I’m going to be watching this thread like a hawk.

I’ve tried out SublimeText in the past and I felt it needed a little more polish. I heard the current version is much better.

For my day to day use, I’m stuck with Dreamweaver CS5 . I was given a license and I really didn’t feel like not using. And for my use, it does great. Inline JS error checking and code completion is all I’m really looking for anyway.

438 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
christopherjon says
not notepad++. I need something even better
What is notepad++ lacking that you need? What do you mean by better
2057 posts
    Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Landonw says
christopherjon said
not notepad++. I need something even better
What is notepad++ lacking that you need? What do you mean by better

Built in FTP , templating so that when I create a new HTML file it will have the doctype and such in already, project management.. Those sorts of things.

26 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
themecloud says

Notepad ++ has a built in FTP that works fine.

I would be interesting in what others suggest or mabie if plug-ins/add-ons are available for notepad++.

97 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Located in Finland
+4 more
Smuliii says

I’ve been using mostly Intype and E editors.

Siddharth said
I’ve tried out SublimeText in the past and I felt it needed a little more polish. I heard the current version is much better.

I’ve also tried Sublime Text more than a year ago and it didn’t convince me then. But I just downloaded Sublime Text 2 and it actually looks quite promising. Still in beta so it’s interesting to see what new features it will get before final release.

304 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 10+ members Located in Austria Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
squaredWeb says

Im using WeBuilder.

Doesnt seem to be very popular, but i started out with it and ill take it into the grave with me ;)

110 posts
    Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Romania
+1 more
cippo says

I’m using Komodo Edit (http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit) and I won’t switch to anything else too soon. For me is better than n++ and even dw.

You should give it a try.

57 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
kegler68 says
This is a great read and gives you a lot of insight into what people use for Macs and PC’s: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/readers-polls/readers-poll-how-do-you-code-designs-into-htmlcss/
991 posts It's in the pipeline!
    Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I’ve tried many, but the best one for me is http://netbeans.org/

by
by
by
by
by
by