297 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

I don’t know about the best, but I can tell you that Sonar’s is increasingly a pain, especially since X2 came out. I get the feeling that DIGITAL PERFORMER probably has a nice piano roll/midi sequencing. The best DAW is the one you like!

328 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
MValentino says

Hi friends
Maybe it’s a bit a strange quetion, because you could ask, what is the best DAW and you will get 99% the same answers :) For me the best piano roll is the one from Cubase, very customizable – but surely it’s because i like to work with Cubase and it is my main DAW….

+1

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
SoundFix says

Hi friends
Maybe it’s a bit a strange quetion, because you could ask, what is the best DAW and you will get 99% the same answers :) For me the best piano roll is the one from Cubase, very customizable – but surely it’s because i like to work with Cubase and it is my main DAW….

I think the best DAW is a much bigger question than the best piano roll because a DAW is much more than just a piano roll ;) I’m not a Cubase user, apart from when I’ve used it in school or uni, but what do you think of the new Cubase? Is it a good improvement?

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
AlexanderORN says

What bothered me with the Cubase piano roll was the fact that you can’t toggle the zoom off the standard selection tool :/

Maybe that has been fixed in the newest edition, but I don’t regret switching over to FL Studio :)

42 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Neoclassic says

Yes, SoundFix, I want discus only about DAW’s key editors. I write music without midi-keyboard. So piano-roll functions for me wery important.

42 posts
+2 more
Neoclassic says

Moreover play list sructure or oraganisation also must be simple and easy to use. In FL you can do fast copy-paste and create unique patterns from already writen patterns. It is very useful and helpfull.

123 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
just-in-case says

Logic Pro 9 hands down ;)

341 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

Hi all! I want to know what DAW have best piano roll, or key editor for you. For simple, comfortable and fast usage. Thanks for your opinion!)

FL’s piano roll is incredibly powerful when you account for all the slicing, arpeggiation, strum, riff and chop tools. That’s only scratching the surface as well. I have yet to see another piano roll that has anywhere near the power. Logic always managed to piss me off and felt clunky but I hate macs with a vengeance so that could be the problem there lol.

42 posts
+2 more
Neoclassic says

I dont used mac in my practice. But i know many composers use only mac and say that its best of the best. I dont want change my DAW for another because it need long time period for learn.

60 posts
TheRedGiant says

Logic has an awesome Piano Roll, but that’s always been the case (i.e. way before Apple got involved with it).

And not only that, but it has the Hyper Editor which lets you go crazy with the editing of multiple MIDI control channels and events as if painting them with a brush, or sculpting them. It’s beautiful.

I haven’t tried FL’s piano roll lately, but I had to use FL like 3 years ago and it was ridiculously inferior to Logic in every way in the MIDI editing and automation departments. Like, not even remotely close. But they’ve probably improved it a lot since.

by
by
by
by
by
by