187 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

Hi all, this is my first thread. Jumping right into it, I am aware of the legal implications of using images from the net and I have read a lot of threads on the forum about CC licensing and other licenses, and about the millenium copyright act. that is not my question. That being said, here it goes:

Not necessarily saying that the asset pictures suck, because they are good, and special in their own way, but I’ve seen some pretty awesome images in some of the themes live preview. If you are one of those people,Is there any specific place where where you are getting those pictures from? There has to be some sort of specific website where awesome pictures that can be downloaded and integrated into the live preview of theme forest theme products for commercial use, pictures that don’t violate any copyright laws in any way, pictures that are 100% clean. And yes, the most easy answer is the asset library pictures. But again, I am looking for awesome & sexy pictures.

So, will you please share your source?

3447 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

1. Photodune

2. Flickr Creative Commons (be sure to link back)

:)

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

I get my images from fotolia.com

187 posts
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

1. Photodune

If I want to use photodune pictures. Do I have to buy extended or regular license? I just want to use them in the theme preview to make it more appealing. Thanks

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

1. Photodune

If I want to use photodune pictures. Do I have to buy extended or regular license? I just want to use them in the theme preview to make it more appealing. Thanks

Just regular license :)

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

2 ways to use images from photodune

1 – Buy regular license and no credit needed (but appreciated I am sure) 2 – Don’t buy and just use the live preview watermarked image and have to attribute image with a link for people to purchase.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

3447 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

As long as you’re not including them in the download package, you don’t need an extended license :)

You’re actually allowed to use the watermarked images if you link back without a license I believe (have to double check the rules) – but the prices are so low it’s definitely worth it to buy the regular license as it’ll make the demo look that much more professional. Plus it supports fellow Envato-ers

187 posts
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

As long as you’re not including them in the download package, you don’t need an extended license :) You’re actually allowed to use the watermarked images if you link back without a license I believe (have to double check the rules) – but the prices are so low it’s definitely worth it to buy the regular license as it’ll make the demo look that much more professional. Plus it supports fellow Envato-ers

I am all for purchasing with regular license. The extended license is a little pricey for just preview pictures.

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
digitalmix says

I believe a regular license is fine as you are not offering the images with downloaded assets. Photodune is cheap and good quality. Envato are happy to see a member using their images. Good luck!

801 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in India
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
laranz says
by
by
by
by
by