79 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Croatia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
Markic says

Hi,

I’m creating a Wordpress theme and want to include portfolio custom post type functionality. Now, I was thinking why to reinvent the wheel and create my own portfolio plugin if there is one out there which does the job as well or better. But after googling and trying a few of them, they seem to be eather too complicated to customize (have some specific functionalities that can’t be modified only exclusevely by templates) or completly abandoned.

So, can you please share your expirience on which plugin to choose.

279 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
PrimaThemes says
199 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
biyanpasau says
315 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

Unfortunately we couldn’t find a plugin that fills the needs of a theme from this marketplace – that’s why we’re working on a new CPT plugin that will be released soon on wordpress.org We used this plugin on our last theme with very good results.

158 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
greenshady says

I’ve asked numerous times for feedback on the Custom Content Portfolio plugin (linked above). I specifically created it for theme authors here on ThemeForest, but there has been little feedback on what features I should add to it to make your lives easier as theme authors.

The development of it is completely open on GitHub: https://github.com/justintadlock/custom-content-portfolio

Anyone is welcome to join the project and submit tickets. I’d like for it to be a well-rounded plugin for you guys and gals to use alongside your themes.

79 posts
  • Croatia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
Markic says

I’m using this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/portfolio-post-type/

I believe I’m going to use this one. It’s functional and gives me enough freedom to design front end myself as I wish.

Good luck @greenshady and @pixelgrade with your projects :)

456 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Israel
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
virtuti says

If one day I shall decide to use such plugin I shall rely on and use only Justin’s one.

Justin, if you keep following this thread–I just wanted to say you thank you so much, I have already learnt from you many invaluable things and I’ll keep learning.

315 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

I’m using this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/portfolio-post-type/

I believe I’m going to use this one. It’s functional and gives me enough freedom to design front end myself as I wish.

Good luck @greenshady and @pixelgrade with your projects :)

Thanks and the same to you. You can find our plugin on GitHub: https://github.com/pixelgrade/pixtypes

It is built around the idea to give developers to opportunity to manage the “talk” between the plugin and the theme as easily as possible. We’ve also integrated custom meta boxes, so the name is a little misleading :)

We plan on developing further the core tools of the plugin to allow for more refined CPT management, but like I’ve said, being targeted at developers (us included) we’ve focused on core capabilities (CPT + Metaboxes) just what Envato wants with it’s Stage 2 requirements :)

by
by
by
by
by
by