308 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
SnoopyIndustries says

15.6” I’m satisfied with mine :)

What do you guys think about the mini desktop PC from Mac? Do you think that it’s as good as a regular pc? It seems to be a very nice device to own.

933 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
graphicmind says

I’ve used a HP Pavilion, Toshiba Satellite, Acer Aspire, and am currently using a Samsung 2nd Gen laptop.

The Pavilion and Aspire had a lot of problems, the Satellite was okay, but the Samsung is just awesome. Its also relatively quiet and has only crashed once as far as I remember.

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts
Threads Started
308 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SnoopyIndustries says

I’ve used a HP Pavilion, Toshiba Satellite, Acer Aspire, and am currently using a Samsung 2nd Gen laptop. The Pavilion and Aspire had a lot of problems, the Satellite was okay, but the Samsung is just awesome. Its also relatively quiet and has only crashed once as far as I remember.

Thanks for sharing that. Yep, I can also confirm that about pavilion and aspire. Never thought that Samsung are so good @ Laptops. The biggest problem I have with my laptop is that I can boil eggs on it and even make a barbecue on his good days. I was thinking about a Dell, seems like a good brand/ good configuration/ fair price.

314 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
kops says

That was actually what I was looking at. It’s around 1200$, a bit over in most shops. Are you satisfied with it? Do you think that the I5 is at least comparable?

Cheers

I love it! It’s chewed up and spat out everything I’ve thrown at it. The only downside I’ve noticed is it’s a little sluggish copying large files to USB (pauses at the end of each file for around 20 secs).

2274 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

I had an alienware, back when they had 1 GB ram… (before being bought by dell) it was REALLY bad and was about 1000$ overpriced. Next, a HP pavilion dv series top of the line, had all possible hardware issues with it, sent it in for repairs, got it back with more hardware issues… within a year, it died off completely. Now, I have my aspire from acer, v6930, been alive for 2y + and works flawlessly. Can’t say much about other brands, but this piece of …. acer is just worth the 599E I paid for it back when others were 800+ for same specs. And except for being slightly underpowered for what I need right now, it is just amazing.

320 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malaysia
billyf says

I’d recommend ASUS / Lenovo / Dell. The price : quality ratio is quite good. As for Acer, I personally have heard many horror stories about them ( probably the lower end models though), so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you want to change it in 1-2 years’ time.

249 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
miksmusic says

I recently purchased a win7 Samsung i5 8G RAM 1TB HD for about $600. Couldn’t be happier, works like a charm for all my needs and looks pretty nice as well.

963 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

ThinkPad ThinkPad ThinkPad. I have veerryy ooooold T60p (and T42 and T43 but they are ancient) which still is used by my sister and works as brand new, I have T520 for couple of months and it’s a beast. Ugly as beast but strong and reliable like nothing else. In the end you work on it, not make love to it ( I’m talking to you apple fanboys! ;) just kidding ) The selection is wide and some even have ISP display. Or you can sell your kidney and buy this beauty http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/14/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon-review/

921 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

I’m on a Dell 15z right now and I mostly love it… my only gripe is that the chiclet style keyboard is terrible for guys like me with big hands… but that’s an issue I have with all keyboards like that (even Apple) – overall, I think it’s a sweet spot for size, portability, performance, etc. and I’ve been using it for just about a full year now. My favorite laptop that I’ve used in my life is still the old Dell 17” Studio laptop… but that’s probably got more to do with my huge hands than anything else I suppose… and it definitely wasn’t what I’d consider to be “portable”. ;)

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts
Threads Started
308 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SnoopyIndustries says

Yeah 17” isn’t quite portable, but I also find them to be the best choice for somebody who actually works on it, especially a developer/designer who need to see elements at their best. From what I can see people are speaking amazing about Dell’s, so I guess that’s the way I’ll be heading towards.

by
by
by
by
by
by