• Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
xiaoali says

I also used to own a Alienware.. it was great til it wasn’t.. CD drive pretty much stopped working, screen flickered. Battery life wasn’t worth a lick. Still managed to use it for a few years, since I paid so much for it.

I had bought a Dell Inspiron with i5 from their outlet store for $800 and really like it. Gave it to my wife after I upgraded to a Lenovo mobile workstation. I went to Lenovo since Dell hadn’t released their 3rd gen i7 at the time. So far I am really impressed with Lenovo.

211 posts
  • Canada
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
KBRmedia says

I would go with a quality laptop over some cheap one. You will be thankful when your cheap laptop (or your not-so-cheap-lower-quality laptop) that contains 110 GB of precious data dies overnight. Since this happened to me I decided to pay a bit more for a quality laptop. Right now I have a Sony 15.5” S series and I couldn’t be happier. I prefer this over a macbook.

2518 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+16 more
contrastblack Staff says

I would go with a quality laptop over some cheap one. You will be thankful when your cheap laptop (or your not-so-cheap-lower-quality laptop) that contains 110 GB of precious data dies overnight. Since this happened to me I decided to pay a bit more for a quality laptop. Right now I have a Sony 15.5” S series and I couldn’t be happier. I prefer this over a macbook.

Sadly, “high price means high quality” does not live up to the name these days. I had two high-priced and “top notch premium” league bits, both failed, where as this cheap crap went on kicking for 3+ years now… And I’ve abused it daily. The other two failed within a year.

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
346 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
SnoopyIndustries says

Sadly, “high price means high quality” does not live up to the name these days. I had two high-priced and “top notch premium” league bits, both failed, where as this cheap crap went on kicking for 3+ years now… And I’ve abused it daily. The other two failed within a year.

Hahah+1 for the abuse part :))). Yeah, sometimes the big fish don’t “try” hard enough unfortunately.

50 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
xiaoali says

You should always have a backup solution.. even a external drive would be better than nothing.

2965 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+11 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

I’m on my 7th Dell computer. This one is an XPS 15 laptop. My last laptop was an XPS as well. They have both been very reliable and this laptop is the only thing I use for work (I don’t have a desktop any more).

I got both these XPS’s because they had dual internal hard drives for better data retention under a RAID setup.

\\ « i should update that pic with the new laptop lol.

I would recommend Dell, never had a problem, although I hear others have problems with them (I never hear what the actual problem is though). Buy online, not through a store, and buy the extended warranty. I fried my graphics card on the last XPS and a keyboard key came loose 2 years after I purchased the laptop, sure enough it was under warranty. This Dell chick came out and replaced them at my house, new keyboard, new graphics card, new LCD backlight – all under warranty. Saved me thousands.

122 posts
  • Exclusive Author
BrianHermelijn says

Seems like I will be getting myself a new dell laptop as well. After all I have been using this laptop for quite while and sure enough it lasted longer then my 1 year old computer (which doesn’t work anymore) this is quite sad if you ask me….Right now I am just using a dell which is probably 4 years old by now (using monitor to see the graphics in better quality).

So far which are the dell recommendations that you guys would suggest getting in this given time?

SnoopyIndustries
346 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SnoopyIndustries says

I’m on my 7th Dell computer. This one is an XPS 15 laptop. My last laptop was an XPS as well. They have both been very reliable and this laptop is the only thing I use for work (I don’t have a desktop any more).

I got both these XPS’s because they had dual internal hard drives for better data retention under a RAID setup.

\\ « i should update that pic with the new laptop lol.

I would recommend Dell, never had a problem, although I hear others have problems with them (I never hear what the actual problem is though). Buy online, not through a store, and buy the extended warranty. I fried my graphics card on the last XPS and a keyboard key came loose 2 years after I purchased the laptop, sure enough it was under warranty. This Dell chick came out and replaced them at my house, new keyboard, new graphics card, new LCD backlight – all under warranty. Saved me thousands.

Very funny pic, and thanks for sharing. Some laptops do have problems with keybord buttons popping out, but I’m not sure it’s based on the brand, but on the people using it (happened to me 1 time :D)

Cheers

SnoopyIndustries
346 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SnoopyIndustries says

Seems like I will be getting myself a new dell laptop as well. After all I have been using this laptop for quite while and sure enough it lasted longer then my 1 year old computer (which doesn’t work anymore) this is quite sad if you ask me….Right now I am just using a dell which is probably 4 years old by now (using monitor to see the graphics in better quality). So far which are the dell recommendations that you guys would suggest getting in this given time?

17” i7 and all the ram in the world. Everything else is not extremely needed unless you plan to use it for games and such.

167 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
michaeldale says

I’ve got a MacBook Pro 15” Retina and am very happy with it.

My line of laptops:

12” iBook G4 -> White Plastic MacBook (was a complete POS of a machine) -> MacBook Pro (first gen unibody) -> MacBook Pro Retina.

All have been great machines except the Plastic MacBook, it had all kinds of issues, saying this I fixed it up (replaced the battery, HDD, motherboard, basically a new machine from ebay parts) and gave it to a friend and it is still working today.

by
by
by
by
by
by