1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Hi, everyone! :)

In my first tread here I want to get some advices about what is the best tool for resizing images. I had no luck in trying to find a similar topic here, so let me know if one exists.

As far as I’m a web/graphic designer/developer, I use mainly Photoshop and Illustrator. But let’s say you have a 300×300px raster (i.e. logo) and you want to shrink it down to 50×50px.

I don’t like Photoshop’s algorithms for resizing – even with the Bicubic Sharper resampling it gets blurry. So, what would you use in this situation?

217 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
CreativeStable says

I use photoshop and then sharpen it via unsharp mask or smart sharpen if needed… but if you want pixel perfect-ness in terms of icons and logos I think you need to go in an make manual edits… ie, removing unnecessary pieces and erasing blur marks.

This might be helpful: Minimization process

2457 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

IrfanVew? :D

1734 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says
I use photoshop and then sharpen it via unsharp mask or smart sharpen if needed… but if you want pixel perfect-ness in terms of icons and logos I think you need to go in an make manual edits… ie, removing unnecessary pieces and erasing blur marks. This might be helpful: Minimization process

Yes, I’m talking exactly about “pixel perfect-ness in terms of icons and logos”, thank you very much for your reply.

IrfanVew?
Tried it once for a while but only for preview-ing. :P What do you think about its resizing skills?
951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

This is why icons and logos are often made in a vector format. Resizing without quality loss :)

1734 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says
This is why icons and logos are often made in a vector format. Resizing without quality loss :)

Actually vector drawings perform worse in some cases, when talking about tiny sizes – because of the anti-aliasing. But you’re right. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by