492 posts
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
DoubleX says

I’m not sure how many of you have seen this, but for me as a person who loves to work with a camera and trying to shoot stabilized footage, this is something unbelievable. Those camera movements. I always thought that footages like in 5:25 were done in professional 3D programs, now I see that “my whole life is a lie”.

http://vimeo.com/43455552
5076 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

The best production values are always achieved with a camera! (IMHO)

That’s some rig they’ve got there. I’m guessing that the Marmalade is a spin-off from Schoenheitsfarm. I was there a few years back and they were talking about their high-speed division that they were developing and a system that could do high-speed motion control.

The results look great. Bit too much pouring liquids in there for my taste… that’s the commercial world for you though.

50 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
telecast says

Truly impressive! Thanks for sharing.

6 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
motioncraver says

+1

114 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blindholm says

That was very cool! I can watch liquids being poured all day :)

7290 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I think they used one of those cameras in the last ken block gymkhana video. (if is not 3d off course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDN2bCIyus
5076 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more

New tyres, anyone? :D

And to think that I have trouble parallel parking.

Very impressive video, and some great shots, but no motion control. They definitely had a small time-slice rig for the shoot and there are some bits of high-speed too.

The camera on the end of the robot arm at Marmalade’s a Phantom.

1036 posts Massfocus
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
Massfocus says

That shit got me totally depressed bro.. feeling like a total noob.

:D

2350 posts Small, but tough
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Saw it some time ago. As massfocus said I feel like a n00b :)

5076 posts
+11 more

That shit got me totally depressed bro.. feeling like a total noob. :D

You talking about Marmalade now or the mad driving round San Francisco?

Thing is, you need a budget with major $$$ to play with toys like Marmalade have. Budgets that only commercials can afford. And that’s my problem with the reel too: It’s a lot of very glossy production value and a dearth of killer ideas. As the reel went on, I desperately wanted to see something that would blow my mind. But it’s basically a bunch of food and drink flying about. I wouldn’t get too depressed about it. It’s a different and very specific game to what a motion graphic designer does.

As for the driving one. Anyone can drive like that. :D

by
by
by
by
by
by