34 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
WOLFTHEMES says

Hey guys!

OK, kinda stuck here

Obviously on most themes we will be putting our own logo related to the theme…

...BUT

Given our own theme logo is a certain width/height, the buyers logo will be completely different.

Should we assume that the buyer will get theme customization, as often other areas around the header may need adjusting too, so their own logo sits just right and looks good.

Should we provide some sort of instruction so they can do this themselves, although this may be too complicated for a lot of folks to edit css.

Any thoughts and ideas on this are appreciated

136 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
ThemeShaper says

I would say..

Try to make the theme work with reasonable sized logos at a minimum. Width usually isn’t ever much of a problem, height can be. You can usually make the css so various sized logos will work, try bunging in a large portrait image to make sure the css holds up.

In my latest theme I included a vertical adjuster option for the logo and menu so the buyer can finetune. Its probably the one area you know will be modified (along with background) and that buyers will have weird sized logos, so its worth spending some time testing. (like using a demo installer this is something that will drastically reduce support queries ;))

The other day I had a buyer wanting help with my first theme positioning a logo around 900*400 px, animated gif (I kid you not ;))

34 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
WOLFTHEMES says

Thanks ThemeShaper

animated gif ! my goodness, you poor bugger

The idea of having a reasonable space to hold a larger logo sounds good, so atleast that should work for most people.

6 posts
  • Romania
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Cyanidestar says

Right now work at my first theme and I leave enough space for logo and I put only a small logo with name of theme.

Is good to put too, PSD files, because other people maybe want to have the same model logo and only to switch the name.

by
by
by
by
by
by