812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
iamthwee says

Hi,

I don’t know if this is in the right forum… But what is the best way to get my foot in, in terms of sales.

I was thinking

Graphic River -> Html templates -> Wordpress templates?

I want to start selling.

291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
rtofvnt says

mhm … I think you could have to start creating something in the first place ?

45 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
vogelstein says

agree with rtofvnt

and if I may add something then that would be to create something that fits your skills the best, you mention graphic river, html and also word press templates seems like your’re multitalented, then go for what you like creating the most.

812 posts
iamthwee says

Thank you for your replies…

Actually, on second thought I was thinking perhaps this is a better flow:

codecanyon (simple php script) -> graphic river (logo,character) -> 3DOcean (basic obj model) -> html (landing page) ->active den (UI of some sort) -> TF (wordpress template/ecommerce)

What do you guys think? And what was your workflow when you first started here?

45 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
vogelstein says

I just submitted my second item 2 days ago so can’t give you any helpful answer for that.

But if you want to end up in the WordPress category you’ll need to design the pages as well so instead of making logo and character design I would suggest to do some website designs instead.

That’s really cool that you will submit work into so much different categories. Even if I’d like to be in multiple categories my current skills(?) :) bind me to the ThemeForest PSD section :)

812 posts
iamthwee says

Thank you vogelstein…

Once my design and coding skills are up to scratch I would love to team up with a psd designer like yourself to obtain more sales. But first I must learn to walk.

So I will start with my design on Graphic River first. Thanks

342 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
+4 more
RikdeVos says

If I were you I’d only stick to 1-2 categories. The more items you make for a specific category, the more experience you’ll have and the better you’ll become at creating those items.

Secondly, buyers will likely browse through your portfolio if they’ve bought an item from you and are happy with their purchase. If they’ve bought a PHP script for example, I doubt that they’ll be interested in purchasing a 3D model :)

It’s also very important to submit quality content – don’t rush, but take your time. I suggest browsing through the marketplaces and checking out some items to see what makes them sell.

The question really is: what are your skills? what are you best at and what do you like to do?

Good luck! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by