71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
zlatkosan1 says

Hello everyone. Can you share your ways how to increase the referrals with some examples. Are you sharing the ref/link somewhere in other stocks or in your websites? I think a lot of people will be glad to read this thread. Thanks in advance :)

2191 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

There’s no magic here to be succesful. Create high quality content that aims at the target audience, have a good SEO and then place your ref links in the right places.

For example: Creating a blog about photography. Add tutorials, maybe some freebies, add content that attracts people so that they like to visit your site. Add referall links to graphicriver, but not just as ads, but maybe even as a helpful tip. Link to a specific color style preset pack and show what can be achieved with that. Write a tutorial about photoshop brushes and then link to the brushes section.

I think you get the point. It does not help to just spam your ref link all over the place. You need quality content that attracts readers, and then give them a reason why they should check out the site.

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
familychoice says

Problem for us with the referrals scheme is that you only get 30% of a new users first purchase or cash deposit. For already registered users even if you create a perfectly targeted and worded promotional piece of content, if a buyer is already registered you get nothing.

So however good your SEO and content is, you’re on an uphill slog of ever diminishing returns. When we first added referral links a few years back they did really well, now most of our audience are already registered.

We don’t promote products much now, unless they’re of genuine use to our web clients, such as WP plugins, instead we promote other affiliate programmes that continue to pay commission on products sold via our referrals.

Shame really as we’d love to send more traffic to this site.

71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
zlatkosan1 says

Thanks for the info:) ...and yes ..most of our audience are already registered, but everyday new audience are coming here. Because i don’t have personal website, could you tell me where i can share my work and some make some referrals? ... some art website or something?

359 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+4 more
Protest says

Thanks for the info:) ...and yes ..most of our audience are already registered, but everyday new audience are coming here. Because i don’t have personal website, could you tell me where i can share my work and some make some referrals? ... some art website or something?
http://www.behance.net
http://deviantart.com
by
by
by
by
by
by