112 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
sophie_diab says

Hey guys, I have a catalog in PDF format

They’ve sent me the catalog in a layout where on ONE PAGE of the PDF it showcases the entire layout of the book when it’s open – make sense? SO like when you open a magazine and you have page 2 and 3 open, they’ve sent 2 and 3 as ONE PAGE

The catalog has 63 pages – so that means I have to x that by 2 to have all the pages shown -

-

Now I want to make an online version of this catalog and put it into flashpageflip.com

What’s an easy way to divide these pages up or cut them up? Photoshop is going to take ages I think to do it, I could only think of manually doing each page

Any ideas?

123 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
redeffect says

I had same situation few months ago – 120 pages. I’ve make 2 actions in Photoshop to split A3 page to two A4 pages, using automate / batch. 1 action for left sides and 1 action for right sides. It was like 10 min job. Sorry, I can find these action now, but I believe is very easy.

26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
RCLEWIS says

Can you get them to send it again? When they made the pdf they had the spreads box ticked. Tell them to untick it.

In adobe acrobat under document you can split, extract and add pages. You can also crop in pages in acrobat.

Other than that do what hercul777 says, photoshop actions.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
brightshine says

I usually use PDF splitter to split PDF file into parts. As for online e-catalogue, maybe you can turn PDF to e-catalogue with page turning effect by turning page software.

1 post
ronliebowitz says

Dear Shophi, Heavy documents and PDF files with large size always creates a problem, when it comes to sending them as attachment over the internet. But a smart solution to this problem is splitting them in files of small size and then transferring them. This can be easily done by using a Splitpdf software. so you can use a Kernel for Split PDF Software and for download visit here…http://www.pdfmergersplitter.net/ Thanks Ron

1 post
rodyroon says

Hello shophi,,

You can use a third party data recovery software which help you to split and merge your pdf file there are so may software one of them whic can be downloaded from here http://www.merge-pdf.net/

Thanks Rody roon

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
gajump says

i put my hands for third party pdf software. you can split up pdf vb.net into multipage document into one or two pdf documents. you can find a lot of similar software on the web.

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
spoocobra says

Uh aren’t you missing a page lol? You can’t have 63 pages for a catalog… but anyway you could always place the pdf in indesign and split them that way if you have id.

by
by
by
by
by
by