725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

Hey all, I am working on a reponsive WordPress Theme, and am looking for a better testing solution than uploading to a server for testing. Right now I am developing on localhost and then pushing changes to a server to try with my iPhone / iPad.

While I can access pages localy using 192.168.1.xxx/wordpress-2/ none of the images or source files appear to be loading. The layout displays but no images, js, css etc. are loaded. Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks much.

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

If you’re on OS X , download XCode and use their iOS Simulator, it’s the closest one to simulate the real behaviour of iphone/ipad

368 posts plop
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
kimonothemes says

Using a vhost instead of the IP or “localhost” to install the WordPress. With a vhost it will be possible to connect from your iPad/iPhone if you’re on the same Wifi. On MacOSX for example it’s computer_name.local, so just going to http://computer_name.local:8888 (if using MAMP ) and install the WordPress via this url.

On Windows I think the almost the same, computer_name or something.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Have you set on Wordpress setting the url of the website as 192.168. bla bla… or have you leave it as localhost? localhost is not good if you try it from other devices.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

Have you set on Wordpress setting the url of the website as 192.168. bla bla… or have you leave it as localhost? localhost is not good if you try it from other devices.

Yeah I was using the local IP I ended up having to change the site URL etc. in the WP general settings and any references in the settings with localhost for images like sliders to the IP as well. All is good now.

by
by
by
by
by
by