2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
newt says

Many great and beautiful themes for Wordpress on TF but which one is the best for SEO?

308 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SyamilMJ says

You’re looking for plugins, not theme. And “best” is relative.

Here’s one article to get you started – http://www.iblogzone.com/2012/01/the-best-wordpress-seo-plugins-for-2012-part-1-html.html

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
newt says

Thanks SyamilMJ. Are you saying the structure of a Wordpress theme has no effect on SEO? What does eveyone else think?

178 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
JinWook says

SEO is really an abstract concept because no matter how good you are at drawing traffic to your site if the users hit an impossible-to-navigate landing page then they’ll leave immediately. If a theme is well designed people will find it easy to navigate and interact with and subsequently stay on the site longer. That’ll increase average time on site and most probably decrease bounce rate.

You’re at the right place for well designed themes.

1 post
orsted says

I just changed from Striking Theme – which had wonderful results in google to Innovado Theme, which has ruined my search results and google previews completely. It might be a problem with the revolution slider, but the result that now image file names show up in Google preview. I even use All in One Seo plugin, but the change from one theme to another did this. Next time I will be careful with a theme and try the seo out before I make the change…

14 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
kaptinlin says

I just changed from Striking Theme – which had wonderful results in google to Innovado Theme, which has ruined my search results and google previews completely. It might be a problem with the revolution slider, but the result that now image file names show up in Google preview. I even use All in One Seo plugin, but the change from one theme to another did this. Next time I will be careful with a theme and try the seo out before I make the change…

Hi Orsted

This is James from the Striking Team. Whatever possessed you to do that! As you discovered, Striking is one of the best coded themes around from an SEO perspective. And if you needed responsive, you should have jumped to the responsive beta, free for all the Striking owners pending the next official update of Striking (the update to responsive is a theme update, so no charge for existing owners!! You can obtain the responsive beta via the Striking support forum).

And although the theme you jumped to what appears to be a very reasonable entry level premium theme, its not in the same league in as Striking (and even less so Striking Responsive). Buyers need to review themeforest’s own guidelines for themes. There is a very significant degree of difference between a $40, $45, $50… etc theme. And Striking Responsive will most likely be priced at either $60 or $65 when it takes the place formally of original Striking. Its like comparing a budget car to a luxury car. That is the difference. You went from the luxury car to the budget car. Both are good cars in their own right, but they are not really comparable in respect of coding, features, complexity, ability, etc. You traded down on almost every option conceivable when you made the switch. Again, please note I am not knocking the Inovado theme, it appears to be a good $45 theme offering the appropriate features for its price point.

I recommend you jump to Striking Responsive, although you may already have toasted yourself. If you have any questions, please post at the Striking support forum.

Striking Responsive has some built in features for WP SEO (it automatically supports Yoast Titles and Breadcrumbs), however, we equally recommend All in One which is also an excellent SEO Plugin.

I won’t get into the meat of an SEO discussion here. A theme has a role to play in SEO, in WP an SEO plugin has a role to play, content has a role to play, and depending on the search engine, quality inbound links have a role to play. And that is just the start of matters.

Best Regards
Striking Team
James

1578 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • Philippines
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Hi Orsted

This is James from the Striking Team. Whatever possessed you to do that! As you discovered, Striking is one of the best coded themes around from an SEO perspective. And if you needed responsive, you should have jumped to the responsive beta, free for all the Striking owners pending the next official update of Striking (the update to responsive is a theme update, so no charge for existing owners!! You can obtain the responsive beta via the Striking support forum).

And although the theme you jumped to what appears to be a very reasonable entry level premium theme, its not in the same league in as Striking (and even less so Striking Responsive). Buyers need to review themeforest’s own guidelines for themes. There is a very significant degree of difference between a $40, $45, $50… etc theme. And Striking Responsive will most likely be priced at either $60 or $65 when it takes the place formally of original Striking. Its like comparing a budget car to a luxury car. That is the difference. You went from the luxury car to the budget car. Both are good cars in their own right, but they are not really comparable in respect of coding, features, complexity, ability, etc. You traded down on almost every option conceivable when you made the switch. Again, please note I am not knocking the Inovado theme, it appears to be a good $45 theme offering the appropriate features for its price point.

I recommend you jump to Striking Responsive, although you may already have toasted yourself. If you have any questions, please post at the Striking support forum.

Striking Responsive has some built in features for WP SEO (it automatically supports Yoast Titles and Breadcrumbs), however, we equally recommend All in One which is also an excellent SEO Plugin.

I won’t get into the meat of an SEO discussion here. A theme has a role to play in SEO, in WP an SEO plugin has a role to play, content has a role to play, and depending on the search engine, quality inbound links have a role to play. And that is just the start of matters.

Best Regards
Striking Team
James

LOL. Even if it’s a 2 months reply, I just read it now and it’s extremely funny. Budget cars, luxury cars… Are you serious? Your theme may have 16,000 sales, because it was submitted in 2010 when the competition was WAAAAAAAY lower than 2013.

While Striking was a premium and good-looking theme at its time, now it’s nothing but an extremely ordinary theme that most of the latest submitted themes surpass easily in terms of design and aesthetics. Inovado is at least a few classes above in terms of design. With the code, I can’t say anything since I don’t know / I didn’t see the code of either your Striking or Inovado or any other themes, however, the fact that your theme is priced at $55 has nothing to do with its quality, design or anything else, it’s totally related to the e-commerce support.

And, while the search engine results may be related to the way a theme was coded, this is just onpage optimization and there’s much more involved in getting high search engine results. People expect to pay $50 for a theme and be #1 in search results because they think their website is the best, just like the above author thinks about his theme.

If you want rankings, invest, in content, backlinks, better onpage optimization, people invest thousands of dollars in SEO to get clients and rankings, you can’t expect to get the same results only by buying a $50 theme and changing the content.

by
by
by
by
by
by