164 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Belgium
Pianojungle says

It’s great to know that people are still busy making this site even more awesome than it is now

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
IndridCold says

Yes, this is very handy, thanks!

772 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
StudioEtude says

maybe it’s a beta version, but the fact that some of my pages, this is not available. For example:

http://audiojungle.net/item/scenes-of-love/237211

53 posts Master of the Internets
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
chendo says

maybe it’s a beta version, but the fact that some of my pages, this is not available. For example:

I looked into it and it appears your item does not have any tags, thus there’s nothing for the similarity engine to match on. If you add some tags to the item, then it should work.

772 posts
  • Exclusive Author
StudioEtude says

I looked into it and it appears your item does not have any tags, thus there’s nothing for the similarity engine to match on. If you add some tags to the item, then it should work.
I do not know how it happened, that the tags have gone missing? But they were, I remember! Thanks for you answer :|
376 posts
BigBouncyBright says

I think this feature need improvement. Why the items of another author from another music category are shown, while I have more similar items of the same category in my portfolio, and hundreds of AJ authors have? I would understand if this was the same category, but…

212 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
MusicPremium says

Ok, this option really needs improvements… I’m completely against this kind of feature and i’m going to explain why :

1- first because it works according to tags. And I found out that some authors who appear in my best-seller item (Your Little Planet Corp) are using the exact same tags as mine, in the only way to get exposure in my page… I don’t see any other reasons… As you can see they use all words including in the title of my track… And I don’t find this reasonnable. An other example with metrolightmusic, his track “Live My Life” as some particular tags and you’ll see that some smart authors put the exact same tags as metrolightmusic. And I don’t think it’s a coincidence if you know what i mean…

2 – Because by acting like that, some authors stole the exposure of big tracks. I’m not a selfish guy but when I arrived here on AJ, nobody knew me and I knew nobody. And I found my way because of working, not stoling any others exposure. I’m here to make a living of my music, composing is a real job, so when you have a job, you work for yourself, to pay your bills, not for others…

Come on Envato, you know that this kind of feature based on tags is unfare. Some authors are getting tags that have not any relations with their own tracks, as title of some big tracks… And I have to repeat, composers are here to live from their own music, not from others. Well, it’s difficult to make myself clear in english because it’s not my first language but I hope you’ll understand my position and you’ll review this feature which is totally unfare.

It’ll be cool to have some big author’s point of view of this particular situation.

Basspartout-Music
Basspartout-Music Recent Posts Threads Started
42 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
Basspartout-Music says

Well, that is very sad to see this great new function already being so shamelessly abused. I have to agree here with MusicPremium.
Come on guys, are you THAT desperate for sales? :impatient:
This way, everybody loses!
First, the customer, because he is mislead, second, honest and committed authors lose a place and a chance to sell a REAL alternative item and not to forget most importantly: you are doing yourself and the marketplace a great disservice, because if a customer wastes his/her time this way he or she will probably NOT come back, neither to YOU or YOUR mistagged item, and what’s worse, most likely also not to the marketplace.
So I’d completely understand if MP would report you one by one to support.

551 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are that desperate for sales. It’s pretty pathetic, but it’s the case with anything in life, there are always those who abuse systems for their own benefit (particularly on the Internet where the majority are still largely anonymous so feel they can do what they like).

Rather than earn their way by improving their craft, musical understanding and marketing skills (!), all of which take considerable time, authors like Music Premium describe think that leeching off others is the way forward. I bet you they are individuals who are looking to make a quick buck rather than serious composers trying to make a living.

If I see someone doing that, I’ll report them as they deserve public humiliation and banning, a kind of modern day Internet whipping for their sins.

53 posts Master of the Internets
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
chendo says

I’ll be talking to the review team about this and I’ll keep you guys posted.

by
by
by
by
by
by