6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
clubside says

Howdy!

I have found so many wonderful items on ThemeForest and other envato sites. But there is one frustrating part of the experience: searching.

First, there’s no way to sort results by date which is my preferred results order. It’s fine to have all the others by why not allow at least the option to sort newest to oldest?

Second, if there’s a way to do this please let me know, but I need some kind of advanced search or conditional syntax. Currently I’m trying to pick up some Under Construction site templates. The problem: I only want those without countdown timers. How do I know when the site is gonna be ready, I’m just looking for a fancy (and WORKING template, looking at you beautiful but broken Origin – Modern Under Construction Template) placeholder page with a Twitter feed and email sign-up box, but no countdown timer, but right now I have to wade through dozens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

P.S. And designers out there selling construction templates, how about offering a configuration to deactivate the countdown but keep the progress bar? I’m comfortable with a “70%” done lie, not a bogus date.

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Hey Chris – we authors / users and buyers have been screaming for a better way to search for .. well forever – but as you said, right now we have to deal with what we have unfortunately.

As for the coming soon pages with countdown, you should be able to simply rip out the unwanted section that displays the timer so all you have is the rest.

I am sure any author selling a template you are interested in would help you quickly remove what you don’t want – obviously I can’t give you any links, but hopefully you will find what you need.

2228 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

First, there’s no way to sort results by date which is my preferred results order. It’s fine to have all the others by why not allow at least the option to sort newest to oldest?

Everything what jonathan01 said. But you can actually search by date of submissions. Select ‘Date’ form the ‘Order by’ dropdown – which should be there by default – and then simply click the arrow to its right, which will allow you to invert the order itself.

Chris

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
clubside says

johnathan01, even if I weren’t too lazy to rip the countdown part out myself, I can only say from experience that that solution isn’t always available based on the imagery provided. Even in today’s CSS3 -gradient-filled world plenty of designers still rely on the tried-and-true sliced-Photoshop method and fixing the images that are seamlessly merged into background images and hold the timers isn’t an option. But yeah, I’ve considered pestering some of the designers, the problem is that some I kinda like, and one I really love, so I’m more on the hunt for another of the latter rather than just give up and ask for a fix :)

crozer, Relevance, Rating, Sales and Price are the only options I get if I type “construction” into the search box, turn off All and select only Site Templates. If there’s another search procedure that would give me the options you mentioned I’d love to use it.

2228 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

crozer, Relevance, Rating, Sales and Price are the only options I get if I type “construction” into the search box, turn off All and select only Site Templates. If there’s another search procedure that would give me the options you mentioned I’d love to use it.

Good point, what I mentioned only applies to the All Files or specific categories only. Sorry!

by
by
by
by
by
by