1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
mdg33 says

Is there a way to preview all the themes in a list?

At the moment all you see are Authors’ logo which is useless.

How are you supposed to find a theme if you can’t see any thumbnail previews?

There are lots of great themes here but they are almost impossible to find.

2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
labrysmm says

I was just about to request this feature myself. The themes are great, but the search display is one of the worst (and hardest to use) amongst theme/template sites.

You can rollover the thumbnails to see a preview, but it’s still incredibly frustrating to have to rollover each one individually. Why are you showing me a list of pretty (but useless) icons – they don’t tell me anything about the theme. A thumbnail of the theme would be much more helpful – the choice to show them as default would be good.

1236 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

I think all of these items are great and worth to spend a few minutes on each. If you just see some screenshots or even some live previews in a single page you can’t find out how great an item is :)

2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
labrysmm says

I agree you don’t get the full scope, but you can ignore the less appropriate ones quickly, and just focus on those that more closely match what you want.

For example if you are looking for one with a full width top menu with logo above (instead of logo plus two thirds width menu all on the same line)?

Or say your client has an existing dark blue corporate look and wants to keep it, you could ignore the bright, minimalist, pastel or ‘bouncy’ ones.

And while I’m requesting features, a colour selector would be great. To find those that have dark on light versions, or to search for those that are say mainly blue or have a blue option available.

As I say, the quality of the themes is great. But you can spend a long time searching through them. Some of the other sites have features (like more in depth categories) that allow you to find what you need more quickly.

1236 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

Yes, I agree that there is always more room for improvements. But you should also consider that some themes support different headers, different colors, light and dark mode and… These are all must see features.

And also, These features are something that authors should make in live demo and ThemeForest cannot do anything about this.

But I agree with you about more search options. Even multiple categories for an item will be a great new feature.

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by