• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Envato Staff
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Support Staff
+6 more
cudazi Staff says

I’m looking to buy/download a very simple bid for position PHP /MySQL script. I’ve searched off and on for a few days but the items I find are total overkill and would require my existing users to create a second account to use.

On an existing site, where members pay a subscription fee to be listed, I would like to add a spot in their profile management area to bid on 2-3 predetermined home page spots, like a “featured listing” but instead of placing an ad, showing their profile link for a period of time (the next “auction”).

They would need to pay the “winning” amount via paypal (IPN?) and then it would automatically add the winner’s ID, ad location to a db table I can watch and pull in on the home page.

The script would not need any real design to it, just do the basic functionality and allow me to feed it the current logged in user’s ID, etc…

Please contact me via my profile page with an estimate if anyone is interested in building this for me or if you know of something already out there…

Thanks!

1021 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

I’ve been looking for something like this for a pet project. I’ll let you know if I find anything off the shelf that does it. If not, I’ll probably write something myself.

What I had in mind for my project, and probably a good idea for yours, is that members would by “credits” in set amounts (10, 20, 50, 100), with discounts the more you buy at once. Then users would bid the “credits” for sponsor positions.

I liked the idea of credits instead of dollars because when bidding, they wouldn’t see the $ signs and know right away how much it was, and you could potentially pay less in per-transaction fees because members buy in bulk.

I’ll keep you posted.

673 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
+6 more
cudazi Staff says

Thanks fillerspace – have you found that “bid for position” is the correct term for what we’re looking for?

1021 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

I think it’s a good description, or “Link Bid Script”...most results I’ve found are for “build your own link directory” scripts where people bid for position (like this one: http://www.linkbidscript.com/). They’re close, but not quite what I need.

673 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
+6 more
cudazi Staff says

LinkBidScript was about the closest thing I found as well…but again overkill, 350+ files, 27 sql tables, a bit too much to dig through for me right now.

Sounds like a good opportunity for anyone looking for a project for TF’s PHP category… ;)

143 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
feha says

Hi Send me an email with more details. Does it need full admin interface etc …

And the budget …

feha[AT]vision.to

by
by
by
by
by
by