- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author was Featured
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
Apparently there is a big attack on Wordpress sites going on at this moment. Also our server hosting company informed us, if we have a lot of Wordpress sites on the server we should be very careful. More about the attack can be read here:http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/04/huge-attack-on-wordpress-sites-could-spawn-never-before-seen-super-botnet/
Apparently there is a big attack on Wordpress sites going on at this moment. Also our server hosting company informed us, if we have a lot of Wordpress sites on the server we should be very careful. More about the attack can be read here: http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/04/huge-attack-on-wordpress-sites-could-spawn-never-before-seen-super-botnet/
Every time somebody types “Wordpress” instead of “WordPress”, an angel loses its wings.
I thought this deserved a little bump. I have a lot of WordPress sites, and I’ve noticed a lot of brute-force login attempts for the admin username in the last 24 hours. I’d definitely recommend that people:
1. Don’t use ‘admin’ for their administrator username
2. Install the Limit Login Attempts plugin and lock the attempts in short order, at least for the time being. Better WP Security is probably a good idea too ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/better-wp-security/ )
Good luck everyone on outrunning the zombies!
Ok.. was going to install the Limit Login Attempts plugin to our WordPress installs and logged in to multiple WP installations simultaneously. Guess what? IP was immediately blacklisted and now I can’t access my own site..
IP Limit don’t gonna work I think. http://ma.tt/2013/04/passwords-and-brute-force/
Shameless but relevant plug: Ghost Captcha For WordPress
Works on all the in-built wordpress forms. It times how fast each form is filled, and if it gets submitted too fast, its marked and discarded as spam. And you can set the minimum required times for each form.
Our live preview was hacked aswell we believe Could anyone give us tips on how to improve security? or how to prevent this? (edit: just saw sevensparks comment!)