375 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Paying for tickets sounds more flexible, but then again not all tickets are the same. Some are very simple others make you… lose some hair :)

479 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Paying for tickets sounds more flexible, but then again not all tickets are the same. Some are very simple others make you… lose some hair :)

That’s why I don’t pay per ticket. Plus, we’re running our support center on Desk.com which tracks time, how long it takes on average & basically the value of each team member.

The big thing to remember when hiring support team members is that you have to make the deal worth it to them.

+3 more
ThemeBeans says

That’s why I don’t pay per ticket. Plus, we’re running our support center on Desk.com which tracks time, how long it takes on average & basically the value of each team member.

The big thing to remember when hiring support team members is that you have to make the deal worth it to them.

122 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
dunhakdis says

I pay via hourly and round up to the nearest hour. Keeps things simple and all of us happy.

If you don’t mind, can you share how much are u willing to pay for the support staff :):)

That would be awesome! Thanks

244 posts Premium Website Design
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeFusion says

I’ve always approached customers first. There are always a few in the forum that take extra time to help others. When I see someone that is really giving back to the community, understands the products and seems motivated I will ask if they’re interested in getting paid to do the same thing. My support team is spread out globally. Some have been from the US, and currently we have one in the UK and another in Australia, but that is just by chance not design.

We hired people from different sites initially including ThemeForest but it has not been successful for us. Now what we do is exactly what Parallelus does and it has been 100% successful.

Who knows your products better than your customers? There will be many who like helping other people and enjoy the community spirit. Shoot them an email and ask them if they would like to be paid for it. It works!

+3 more
ThemeBeans says

I pay via hourly and round up to the nearest hour. Keeps things simple and all of us happy.

If you don’t mind, can you share how much are u willing to pay for the support staff :):)

It can range between 15-25/hour depending on the person.

122 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
dunhakdis says

It can range between 15-25/hour depending on the person.

Oh’ datz a pretty big amount for me right now :)

375 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

I’ve always approached customers first. There are always a few in the forum that take extra time to help others. When I see someone that is really giving back to the community, understands the products and seems motivated I will ask if they’re interested in getting paid to do the same thing. My support team is spread out globally. Some have been from the US, and currently we have one in the UK and another in Australia, but that is just by chance not design.

We hired people from different sites initially including ThemeForest but it has not been successful for us. Now what we do is exactly what Parallelus does and it has been 100% successful.

Who knows your products better than your customers? There will be many who like helping other people and enjoy the community spirit. Shoot them an email and ask them if they would like to be paid for it. It works!

Well this is one approach that I wouldn’t have thought of. Will try it and see what comes out. Thank you both.

by
by
by
by
by
by