4329 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

A big request for the developers. I just put up my first file, and I had a customer purchase it thinking it’s a WordPress Template. Don’t you think it would be a great idea to have a sidebar text that says in what category it resides? For example, Site Template , WordPress Theme, etc, etc, etc?

I think there would be less confusions.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says
Enabled said
A big request for the developers. I just put up my first file, and I had a customer purchase it thinking it’s a WordPress Template. Don’t you think it would be a great idea to have a sidebar text that says in what category it resides? For example, Site Template , WordPress Theme, etc, etc, etc? I think there would be less confusions.

It says it at the top, above the item name.

3243 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says
AlexPascal said
Enabled said
A big request for the developers. I just put up my first file, and I had a customer purchase it thinking it’s a WordPress Template. Don’t you think it would be a great idea to have a sidebar text that says in what category it resides? For example, Site Template , WordPress Theme, etc, etc, etc? I think there would be less confusions.

+1 and it doesn’t say the WordPress version in the sidebar

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says
AlexPascal said
Enabled said

Then why do customers buy the item, and then say ” I believed it was WordPress? ”... it means it needs to be more visible :)

3243 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says
Enabled said
AlexPascal said
Enabled said
Then why do customers buy the item, and then say ” I believed it was WordPress? ”... it means it needs to be more visible :)

people make mistakes, it was one person not 100… now if everyone that bought your theme thought it was WordPress then there’d be a problem

+6 more
PixelBin says
Enabled said
AlexPascal said
Enabled said

Buyers can believe what they want. No one is deceiving them though so it’s just ignorance.

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

I have 5 WordPress themes and 5 matching HTML themes in my porfolio, and I’ve had this only happen maybe 5-6 times ever where the buyer purchased an HTML template expecting it be a WP theme for whatever reason.

+6 more
PixelBin says
ThemeBlvd said
I have 5 WordPress themes and 5 matching HTML themes in my porfolio, and I’ve had this only happen maybe 5-6 times ever where the buyer purchased an HTML template expecting it be a WP theme for whatever reason.

You’d think the price would give it away? What new HTML theme is $30+ and what new WordPress theme is less than $25?

484 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
omarabid says

I had a buyer that purchased my WordPress plug-in and asked me to help him “make it work with Opera 10”. Now your buyer is way too intelligent ;)

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

The fact is still the same, buyers get confused. It would be nice to have the category where the item was uploaded in, shown in the sidebar , for example Site Templates | HTML CSS or… WordPress | 3.2

by
by
by
by
by
by