1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Hello Guys,

I have seen a business card in the "business card" section and it seems like that BC generate pretty nice sales even the design is not outstanding but! And here is the big BUT : 

The business has noncustomizable but good logo. Well, it's initiating questions:

1. People are still interesting, and they would like to buy noncustomizable logo with given name if it's good?
  2. This could a wicket or alternative way to publish and sell rejected logos?

I think there is not aloud to put a link here because of the advertising. But Check the BC category, you will easily find that BC on the first page (by date) I would like to see the author's opinion here. I think, he made a quiet good logo, but this logo would be fly away by the Envato rules like a jet…

844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Nothing wrong with doing a little recycling of your work :)

People also put unique logos in corporate branding packages. Similarly I often see very simple sample logos on ThemeForest templates. It just helps giving a feel for what the product will look like. And if you already have a Which was not great enough to get accepted by itself, why not just stick it in there is a plus.

Some people also give away simpler items as bonus gifts with a purchase. If you do a logo which is thought was okay but did not get accepted, that doesn’t mean you do have to throw it away… use it to complement another file be it as a sample of a gift. Nothing wrong with that.

At least that’s my opinion :)

Cheers

Chris

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

bigBUT could be an interesting name for a company. Just joking :)

1373 posts
+5 more
dekurvajo says
chrisatlemon said
Nothing wrong with doing a little recycling of your work :)

People also put unique logos in corporate branding packages. Similarly I often see very simple sample logos on ThemeForest templates. It just helps giving a feel for what the product will look like. And if you already have a Which was not great enough to get accepted by itself, why not just stick it in there is a plus.

Some people also give away simpler items as bonus gifts with a purchase. If you do a logo which is thought was okay but did not get accepted, that doesn’t mean you do have to throw it away… use it to complement another file be it as a sample of a gift. Nothing wrong with that.

At least that’s my opinion :)

Cheers

Chris

Oh no! i did’t say that anything is wrong with that. What i think is that, there is a business-card with a very good but “non-flexible” logo. But a the business-card itself not a big deal. I think the buyers are bought it because of the logo. Got it? ;)

98 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
EnsomUlv says

That can happen but when buying a business card one has to be more interested in its layout and if it’s coherent with the logo we are applying into.

by
by
by
by
by
by