I’ve been looking at some of the higher selling items here at Themeforest and they do all seem to be either portoflio templates or admin skins.
My question really is to authors here that have had some success, what would you advice new authors to design? By this I mean is it better to make 3-4 templates that sell slowly and surely or a killer template that is designed to sell loads?
Also, is there any particular formula you use for each templates?
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
- Exclusive Author
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Author had a Free File of the Month
The best way is to do only killer templates I don’t think there is any formula for success here. It’s just your talent + hard work + a little bit of luck.