• United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

just noticed you said CS3 on PC and CS4 on mac.. that may be the issue…

can you send me an FLA (just of a textfield in the same way your using it now) and i’ll compile in CS4 on PC and see if there is a difference in height etc to your CS3 swf…

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more

dude i’m hitting the sack, shattered.

i’ve just sent you msg thru your profile so you should have my email if you want to try the above…

will check in the morning…

555 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
Pirenko says

I understood what you were thinking and I downloaded a trial version of CS4 for PC. Sadly or not it displays like CS3 on a PC (centered vertically and has the same height as CS3 /PC) .
So the thing here is really between PC and MAC . I wonder if any MAC users have ever faced these issues with files purchased here on Activeden…

3402 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says
weird, makes no sense to me… but I’m not a mac user…

You’re the one that’s loosing. :) You know why there are more PC users? Because only people that work in this industry use MACs.

Back on topic – there’s nothing you can do except keep publishing on the same OS. This happens to us, and we used CS3 and CS4 as well.

Also, make sure you remember the rules for bitmap text:

1. Multiple of 8.
2. 100% scale.
3. Integer position.
4. Use Animation type (not readability or bitmap).

That’s it. These are the 4 simple rules to keep in mind! :)

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
You’re the one that’s loosing. :) You know why there are more PC users? Because only people that work in this industry use MACs.

thats a little niave, unless you work on both platforms you’re losing…

when it balls down to it sole PC users actually have an advantage over sole mac users because more users have a PC and therefore your testing accurately for the wider audience…. if you test purely on a mac then you’ll miss any PC issues which is quite alot of the time will be alot of your visitors…

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
bobocel says

when it balls down to it sole PC users actually have an advantage over sole mac users because more users have a PC and therefore your testing accurately for the wider audience…. if you test purely on a mac then you’ll miss any PC issues which is quite alot of the time will be alot of your visitors…

You forgot to add the Math.round to the code you gave as an example, but I guess the background is set at integer values. (just this is on topic :D )

We’re using Leopard(on my laptop, no time to update) and SL(iMac), Windows 7 (on pc), Vista(on laptop), XP (on my iMac) and Linux (on pc) here. So I know why I said he’s missing by not using a MAC .

At home I use my Macbook Pro laptop. I bought my gf a macbook, my brother a macbook and an iMac. Made my best friend buy an iMac. Bought only iMacs for Vuzum (and will never buy a PC). This is how good these machines are. I finished Computer Science, so I am some kind of a geek. An entrepreneur kind of geek. :)

Also, we plan to purchase the new 27” iMac for our designer.

Mh… and everybody I mentioned has an iPhone! (yes, I’m evil) :D Ask xdozex, he purchased my GF’s iPhone from NY and shipped it here. The very first one! :)

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
You forgot to add the Math.round to the code you gave as an example, but I guess the background is set at integer values. (just this is on topic :D )

I took that as a given since he has a silver paw :P

We’re using Leopard(on my laptop, no time to update) and SL(iMac), Windows 7 (on pc), Vista(on laptop), XP (on my iMac) and Linux (on pc) here. So I know why I said he’s missing by not using a MAC .

Do you actually have a machine purely for Linux or you using LiveCD? :)

At home I use my Macbook Pro laptop. I bought my gf a macbook, my brother a macbook and an iMac. Made my best friend buy an iMac. Bought only iMacs for Vuzum (and will never buy a PC). This is how good these machines are. I finished Computer Science, so I am some kind of a geek. An entrepreneur kind of geek. :)

I’ve just graduated with Multimedia Tech (First Class Honours) which shared several CS modules, was really interesting geeky stuff, loved it :)

I’m sure macs can be great but my use of them at uni wasn’t great, I just didnt get on with them.. gimme W7 with an i7 and 2×22” any day :)

iPhone’s rock though 8)

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
bobocel says

I’m not the one using Linux. Honestly I can’t understand the guy. He’s one of our Web Devs. :D

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

You forgot to add the Math.round to the code you gave as an example. (just this is on topic :D )

Also, we plan to purchase the new 27” iMac for our designer.

Mh… and everybody I mentioned has an iPhone! (yes, I’m evil) :D Ask xdozex, he purchased my GF’s iPhone from NY and shipped it here. The very first one! :)

I have to admit, iPhones rock. As to which i prefer out of mac and pc… well i am a pc user, and it entirely depends on your preferance, but ATM i’m sticking with pc entirely because it is cheaper, if i had more money, i would DEFINATELY consider buying a mac, anyway, here’s how i see it:

PC:

PROS :
  • Compatible with most software and pretty much all games
  • Most customers use PC and so it is good for testing (You can always get a VM)
  • The window organisation is better (opionion)
  • Cheap
  • Easy to create custom built PCs with whatever specs you want, you always know the hardware and it is very easy to upgrade set components
  • You can pick from a massive variety of manufacturers
  • There isn’t a new OS every year named after a cat
  • BRILLIANT FOR GAMING (if you are prepared to spend £2000+, still less than a mac though)
CONS
  • Most viruses are created specifically for PC’s
  • More unstable than a mac (opinion)
  • There is always something that doesn’t work

MAC :

PROS :
  • Veeeeeeeeeeeery sleek looking!!!
  • Compatible with most hardware
  • Never Any Viruses
  • Very stable and everything always seems to just… work.
  • Fast and efficient
  • BOOT CAMP for running windows OS for any software compatibility issues and / or testing
CONS :
  • Expensive
  • A LOT of software isnt compatible, but most design software is
  • Every 6 months, your mac is out of date and you could have bought a better one for half the price (exaggeration)
  • OS is updated TOO often
  • Not easy to upgrade single hardware components
  • The window system IMO isn’t as good as windows (although i do like the seperate desktops) (prefrance)
  • Did i mention expensive?

Yeah i know i haven’t covered everything, but all i’m saying is, it completely depends on YOU . There are pros and cons for both systems and there is no need to start another MAC – PC Argument. :)

Just my two cents.

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says
iPhone’s rock though 8)