18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
bananaman4u says

I dont think I’ve seen any themes that combine both a blog or content and a forum in one on themeforest yet. I think that would be very useful for me.

Essentially I would like to see the ability to have a single home page with the forum topics in the bottom and the full text of the blog in the top (or a “latest post” slider) or some combination. I’m open to any ideas on doing this, but I’d like the site to have the ability to be both an easy to manage blog (maybe built on wordpress) with a forum built in or one that uses some of the major forum applications out there.

The documentation should probably include directions on how to install both applications on the same server if its complicated.

p.s before anyone tries to be clever, yes I know that I could have a landing page with 2 links, one to the forum and one to the blog, but I’d like both on the landing page and both of them integrated throughout. This will provide the user with unique blog content as well as the ability to create his/her own as well which has SEO and visitor quantity implications.

Thanks,

Joe

3445 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

You might look into integrating bbPress with a WordPress install.

http://bbpress.org/

3243 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
organicbee says

You might look into integrating bbPress with a WordPress install.

http://bbpress.org/

they’ve got a plugin in the works also

18 posts
bananaman4u says

but then many plugins wont work with the new code (according to their forum) and the premium themes like Envato’s wont work. Am I just stuck in waiting for all the tech to catch up?

441 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
pixelnourish says

Am I just stuck in waiting for all the tech to catch up?

I believe so, yes.

3243 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
organicbee says

but then many plugins wont work with the new code (according to their forum) and the premium themes like Envato’s wont work. Am I just stuck in waiting for all the tech to catch up?

you sure there forum isnt talking about going from bbpress(stand alone) to bbpress(WordPress Plugin) I have it installed locally and its working fine with other plugins etc

18 posts
bananaman4u says

you sure there forum isnt talking about going from bbpress(stand alone) to bbpress(WordPress Plugin) I have it installed locally and its working fine with other plugins etc

yep thats exactly what i meant. the plugin working with other plugins (wordpress) sorry for the confusion.. or maybe i understood it all wrong.

by
by
by
by
by
by