I just uploaded my first theme here after months of hard work. We got the reply:
Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.
Please give me insights on what could be the issue. Thank you
Theme – Steelium
At first glance:
- The menu at the very top feels flat and dull.
- I’d work on the logo some more.
- The overall typography needs improvement, more line height.
- The search icon is misaligned and too big, subtlety goes a long way.
- I’d make it wider, give the content boxes more room to breath (equal margins and padding).
- The footer needs to have more height/padding.
Thanks for the input, Matt. I’ll change the nav, logo, footer and search icon. But give me a little more on the type. I’ve used PT Sans Narrow in the body and titles and Curprum in the nav. About the content width, isn’t it mandatory to have 960px width? Last question, how’s the code? Thanks
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Exclusive Author
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- United Kingdom
There is an overload of texture.
I suggest removing some of the texture or making it more subtle.
Thank you, Jaynes. I wasn’t feeling the textures myself. Will make them more subtle . Give me more feedback guys.
Need more feedback guys, thanks!
What about adding a secondary accent color for buttons and misc elements in order to create a more visually pleasant color scheme. Now it feels a bit neutral.
The color scheme of this theme was dark colors. I chose grey and dark green as the two primary colors for the elements. What do you suggest?
I am Sure you must be having proper documentation and code comments , besides that for your markup/style i have following suggestions..
Sugg1 : Try a lighter color scheme.
Sugg2 : Don’t use more than 3 colors in your theme , it confuses the viewer.
Sugg3: Provide Specific heading to your various sections , with relevant font-sizes.
Sugg4: Don’t use to many font-sizes/font-styles.
Sugg5: for mobile devices your 3 cols after lifestyle section are very very small.
Finally it seems to me that main problem is with your fonts/font-sizes
Best of luck/wishes for future…...