kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says
I’m on the fence with this, I do have to agree with both sides. I do find it a little annoying when I see them, perhaps I do so because I am envious inside of their good fortune and hard work…

So to keep things happy in all camps why not create a dedicated area in the AJ forums for posting authors latest success’s. I think it’s great hearing about how well people are doing and it also allows me to hear some authors work which I may have perhaps not heard if they didn’t post.

Anyway that’s my thoughts on it. :)

779 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
StudioEtude says

I think that in our music creators, it would be logical to discuss different aspects of the profession, including Mihai_Sorohan in theme “Free VST” should be discussions on various synthesizers, libraries, help in dealing with them. Of course the positive aspects and achievements of other authors I welcome, but it should be a separate place

866 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

Personally, with all the negative happenings in the world in which we live, I see these posts as inspiring. I am not sure why anyone would be annoyed at another’s success or their sharing of their happiness. Anything that is a positive nudge is OK by me.

That being said, I think a separate forum might be appropriate. People who don’t want to share in someone’s happy moment would be able to avoid such posts and those who enter that section would know ahead of time what they would encounter and hen we wouldn’t have almost as many posts complaining about the achievement posts as we do achievement posts themselves. ;-)

1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

I don’t think anyone is really annoyed by them, it’s just most of us think that there is a better way to organize them. It’s no different to having multiple threads on the same topic, this one just happens to be about achievements. I know for a fact that there are at least 4 threads on Audiojungle asking about ‘What is the best orchestral VSTi?’ but instead of the good info being on 1 thread, it’s on 4 threads.

Part of the problem – as Urbazon mentioned – is the appalling forum search tool. It’s very hard to find the good info when you need it, and there is a LOT of good info buried here. If people were able to more easily find threads, we’d have far less duplicates. Other forums have ‘Merge’ features which would be great to have here.

So likewise with the achievements, it would probably be better to have them collated in one thread.

666 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Allegro120 says

I think the forum should have many categories and subcategories. Something like this. Together we can build the category, adding sections as below.

-Orchestral workshop

-VST, Plugins

-Music theory

-Synthesizers

-Workshop for Guitarists

-Workshop for vocalists

-Hardware

-Daws

Here are some examples.

763 posts
+2 more
Waderman says

Yes, very good suggestion ! At the moment all “themes” are blown up in one discussion room.

779 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
StudioEtude says

I think the forum should have many categories and subcategories. Something like this. Together we can build the category, adding sections as below.

You are right! But for this, the forum should be separate and the visitor should have a choice on whose forum he wants to come in and talk, do not think that the guys in ThemeForest will be interesting to read about synthesizers :) And yet, the forum is not a topic that would help new authors where we can give advice … And new authors did not create a 100 times the same subject with the same issue…Just think…

by
by
by
by
by
by