17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jsnover says

I was creating public collections of bookmarks as a contributor but I believe this suggestion applies equally to buyers creating private collections for their own projects.

It would be very much faster to add multiple images to a collection if the default position in the drop down list was the last collection to which you added something. As it is, you have to scroll down the list each time to the desired collection name. I think it’s a common workflow to be adding files for a particular project one after another.

Currently there are so many steps/clicks to make a collection of images – you can’t do it from a search result directly, so you first click on the image, then scroll to the desired collection, click “Bookmark this”, return to the search results.

As an aside, the display of a collection isn’t very appealing either. even if you have a large monitor, you don’t get to see very many items at a time and there’s masses of white space, little bits of text in it that could easily be in a popup. What you want to see is a nice spread of all the images, preferably using the available screen real estate more fully.

5777 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

You’re right, collections need some love. The good news is there are big plans for new Marketplace features.

You may want to check out a handy collections tool I just posted to Envato Extras – http://extras.envato.com/browser-plugins/quickcollection/

It may help out in the meantime :)

17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jsnover says

Well isn’t that lovely! I installed it (Chrome, Mac) and it works a treat – many thanks.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
CSproductions says

I believe in making things easy for potential buyers by doing things like placing all the photos of a particular model or a particular theme in a collection. As the system is now, I can’t afford the time it takes to do that. I’ve created a few collections, and it was just too time consuming and cumbersome. It would be much better to have something like a function whereby you can activate a collection, click on a button or a box below each photo in a search result, and then have something like “Add photos to collection” at the bottom of the page, thereby placing photos in a collection en masse. Alternatively, after clicking on the afore-mentioned button, a pop-up screen appears listing available collections from which we can choose the one to which we wish to add the selected photos.

by
by
by
by
by
by