147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
GX3000 says

My latest bookmarks are in my 22nd Bookmarks Gallery.

I have to scroll forever to get there.

Can you please make them a list with no images and all in the same table.

No separators. Just one line for each. I know their names I don’t need an image to find them.

Thanks

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

I have 21 bookmark folders, didnt take me that long to scroll down, about a second to be honest…

Would be nice to use the toggle grid / list view here though…

147 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
GX3000 says
I have 21 bookmark folders, didnt take me that long to scroll down, about a second to be honest… Would be nice to use the toggle grid / list view here though…

The whole point is that scrolling can be avoided to the minimum not how long it takes us to scroll.

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

I definitely prefer it with the images. In fact, with the old design, the text only list really annoyed me. That being said, a grid view option would be nice in addition, but not in place of the current view.

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I like MSFX ’s idea about how nice it would be to use a toggle grid / list view. And it wouldn’t be too complicated to have to press the button that toggles it. I have to admit it sounds like a very nice idea.

EDIT

Wow, Lance got to it before me. Cool.

3715 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
That being said, a grid view option would be nice in addition, but not in place of the current view.

Exactly. It would be great when we had the option to choose, but I’d surely vote for a version with images rather than the list if we could only have one :o

133 posts
  • Located in United States
+3 more
ZacharyKnight says

I don’t get what the images are there for…it’s just a HUGE graphic with a tiny folder that says “Collection”...huh?

The bookmark list could be 2000% shorter without these, so what gives?

I really thought the bookmarks area needed no enhancement other than a way to move an item from one collection to another for organization.

It looks like I still have to go through quite a process to do this…or am I missing a quick way to move, say, 25 items?

- Z -

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
LanceSnider says
I don’t get what the images are there for…it’s just a HUGE graphic with a tiny folder that says “Collection”...huh?

I really thought the bookmarks area needed no enhancement other than a way to move an item from one collection to another for organization.

It looks like I still have to go through quite a process to do this…or am I missing a quick way to move, say, 25 items?

- Z -

Though it’s not required, collections should have custom images (ex: http://activeden.net/user/dxc381/bookmarks ). I think that most don’t because they were created long before they were publicly viewable. I think that’ll change soon.

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

- Z -
Though it’s not required, collections should have custom images (ex: http://activeden.net/user/dxc381/bookmarks ). I think that most don’t because they were created long before they were publicly viewable. I think that’ll change soon.

get you with your swish looking collections :P

133 posts
  • Located in United States
+3 more
ZacharyKnight says

That makes a little more sense…thanx. I guess the huge size is so that several samples of the collection could be represented in that graphic? A little info about the custom image would be a good addition to the info on the Wiki about public collections…

http://wiki.envato.com/account/bookmarks-account/public-collections-and-their-uses/

- Z -

by
by
by
by
by
by