2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
dunnery says

hi guys, i bought a theme from this site which i thought was a wordpress site. it was actually a bootstrap site ( i had never heard of bootstrap) and I tried to open it in my dreamweaver to try and ressurect my payment. when i tried to open it in dreamweaver the layout is all mixed up and doesnt even look like the same site EVEN THOUGH when i preview it in a web browser it looks great. are there any web programs out there like dreamweaver that allow you to edit the bootsrtrap themes. Im not good a code, i have always used dreamweaver and wordpress. any ideas? thanks

no-thumbnail
MoonRocketStudio Recent Posts Threads Started
18 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MoonRocketStudio says

Bootstrap is a framework, most likely the author has a main stylesheet, typically named style.css, main.css, master.css, or all.css the main stylesheets provide the feel of the site (the actual design) then bootstrap typically comes in as a framework, providing columns, rows, containers, and a grid system.

If you already know that, then I am not sure what your question is.

What are you trying to edit exactly? I wouldn’t recommend editing too much of the bootstrap unless it’s typography stuff and perhaps you want to change some column sizes, if you do change the size of the container there is usually several instances you want to change so use dreamweaver search tool.

I just used bootstrap in the theme I am working on, I started with foundation by zurb but decided to use bootstrap because it was more flexible with what I needed. So I felt like I should chime in about bootstrap, but honestly I am not 100% sure what you’re asking, I am just ranting hehe…

2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
dunnery says

i just want to import or open the theme in dreamweaver and have the layout in dreamweaver look the same as the site. right now the theme in dreamweaver is all skewed and doesnt look like the site. i dont want to alter the look or feel of the sote i just want it to look the same as the preview so i know where i am. in the browser the site looks amazing but when i open it in dreamweaver the layout is completely different and i cannot tell where I am. its impossible to do any work when you cannot see what it looks like.

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Canada
kod3r says

Hello @dunnery, well you cann’t see the same structure in Dreamwaver because this app just show you the HTML elements that you have in your HTML file, but it not ‘compile’ the theme. To ‘see where are you’, open the template in web browser and open an inspector code, localice the element that you want edit and fix it in Dreamwaver.

Good look!!!

173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

unfortunately with bootstrapped files it is slightly more difficult to change positions styles in dreamweaver because it is responsive. fluid layout.

You really need to know what you are doing with html, and css.

no-thumbnail
MoonRocketStudio Recent Posts Threads Started
18 posts
MoonRocketStudio says

I think you are speaking of the minified file? Typically the style is all in one css line and all jumbled up.

That is if you are having trouble with the CSS, if you are speaking about editing it in design view then I can’t really help, as I hardly ever use design view.

But that is something to keep in mind the .min files, that is all I can think of….

I hope you resolve your issue ASAP!

by
by
by
by
by
by