• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

You are lucky that I post this thread, I could also shout up, leave envato, choose a competitor and do not buy anything without giving you the possibility of selling and make money…

Hi, no offense please, we just write ‘wisdom’ here all day long.

Quoted above is your choice, about my luck because of your suggestion, hmm better to skip that part. About leaving TF hmm again, will be hard to find biggest choice and better quality themes in my opinion, we can agree about that.

To make things clear. I do not underestimate pricing on TF ($40-$60), I think personally it’s fair, competition is huge but in the same time chance are huge. What I commented is more against buyers with ‘suggestions’ and pre or post purchase phase and expectations.

If you or anyone else agree that current trend in creating themes here is more like ‘WP Theme – Make Anything Easy Without Effort’ in a lot of themes, than we must agree that you do not have enough skills or creativity to make ‘anything you want’ from purchased theme, or you are not ready to pay more than $40-$60 (for pro) to make ‘anything you want’. I think that is quite clear.

About point is it difficult to find what buyers needs? I agree, but that is in phase to be resolved, at least Collis said: “We have a team for that”, so let’s see.

When I say you I think on all buyers with this kind of suggestions.

So nothing personal just can’t allow anyone to give suggestion ‘no creativity, all is same, bye…bye… etc etc.’, I can allow actually but I’m in good shape for good and constructive conversation…5min more.

33 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
sliilvia says

Hey Buyers :)

As someone with a varied (somewhat) portfolio, I’d like to offer my insights here. Whilst creative, original layouts can do well (see MyFolio) there’s also some that simply don’t do well (See WiderGrid, AccordInc)

The issue we have as authors is if a theme doesn’t sell, we don’t earn, so you’ve got to admit that the safe route makes the most sense for authors who have a living to earn, expenses etc.

Though I try to make my portfolio unique, I must admit I do like doing a more traditional theme where I know there will be decent sales, because hey, that’s what I’m here for :)

Perhaps if buyers were to delve into themeforest a little more (see experimental category) and really lay some sales out on the more creative, bizarre themes we have here, instead of buying 1000 copies of Avada a week, then there wouldn’t be as many similar themes here.

any thoughts? :)

Thanks for pointing out that experimental category tommusrhodus . I wasn’t even aware that existed. I shall take a look :)

2163 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

@mungle

we are in the process of getting ours approved and it is not a onepager. I will let you know soon as it is up.

Cheers

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by