308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
BrianCoyDesign says

I thought this would be a great place to start a discussion on brand identity. We all follow one of a couple options when it comes to getting our brand out into the public. Some use their real name, other use a username style identity and some have created truly unique company or product names.

Which do you use? Do you have more than one brand? How do you get your name/brand out? And does one style of branding work better than others?

I think it would be interesting to hear from everyone.

I use my name Brian Coy Design as my brand. I currently only have time to support a single brand. Blogging, social networking and getting involved in local and web-based groups. I don’t know.

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Interesting topic Brian. I’m going to be very objective answering this question, without any philosophy in the process.

Before an efficient brand identity, one needs an efficient product. Pretty brands don’t guarantee success, great products do. That’s how I see it.

Yes, brand identity is important, but it should be the consequence of a product, and not the other way around.

308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
BrianCoyDesign says

Interesting topic Brian. I’m going to be very objective answering this question, without any philosophy in the process.

Before an efficient brand identity, one needs an efficient product. Pretty brands don’t guarantee success, great products do. That’s how I see it.

Yes, brand identity is important, but it should be the consequence of a product, and not the other way around.

I agree with your statement 99.9%. Without great product no brand works. That .1% makes me think of Apple. They charge way more for their product than other companies because of brand loyalty and identity (as an example).

I’m just curious how others here market their products.

1128 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+3 more
WonderArt says

I support “D-zinc” ... A brand is become popular by its product …. I think from the beginning the product make a brand , which accepted or renowned by people … If you cant give good product their no one to talk about you…. Apple also give their product high quality, unique and extra features for accruing today’s position…. now you can identify which one is from Apple…. this is only my opinion ….Brand is very important …but not without qualified product :)

34 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
thebkh says

Personally i brand my profile, not because i’m trying to be secretive about who i am but because personally fro me i have future projects that ii wish to preserve my name for and also not everything needs to have my face on it and be based around me, i see my shop as an actual shop where i may get more employees etc. Apple has great products we all know this but Steve Jobs is not the face of Apple branding. If i should quit then everybody behind me would have to quit, in my mind that doesn’t make sense.

I think it brings a nice sense of seriousness not to say that branding around your own name doesn’t, i would just rather be more corporate, may it’s something bigger for me than just making money on Graphicriver forever.

Even though what i have written may suggest that branding around your own name has no beneficial factor of corporate function or team effort, this is not so i am just simply expressing my view on the subject branding subjective to our profiles.

34 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
thebkh says

Personally i brand my profile, not because i’m trying to be secretive about who i am but because personally fro me i have future projects that ii wish to preserve my name for and also not everything needs to have my face on it and be based around me, i see my shop as an actual shop where i may get more employees etc. Apple has great products we all know this but Steve Jobs is not the face of Apple branding. If i should quit then everybody behind me would have to quit, in my mind that doesn’t make sense.

I think it brings a nice sense of seriousness not to say that branding around your own name doesn’t, i would just rather be more corporate, may it’s something bigger for me than just making money on Graphicriver forever.

Even though what i have written may suggest that branding around your own name has no beneficial factor of corporate function or team effort, this is not so i am just simply expressing my view on the subject branding subjective to our profiles.

by
by
by
by
by
by