210 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
codeblvck says

hey guys. My contract with sk* is finishing end of this month thankfuc* , im tempted to try ee, has anyone tried them, is the service any good? For the usual browsing (downloading/uploading),watching netflix or gaming online. Iv heard their customer service is a bit shit, but would hate to move to them then face down time and not get the right support for it. Share your experience and who would you suggest?

edit.shit I should have posted this in global off topic, can a mod move it please.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Well EE is “from” orange and they are the worst company for customer service I’ve ever been with. I’ve had to call customer service every month due to something being wrong with my bill.

If you can get it at full speed and cheap enough I’d say go for it but there isn’t really a need (I’d say) so have super fast, I have to work from a mobile internet dongle due to just moving and it’s cheaper and I can’t complain about the speeds

210 posts
+2 more
codeblvck says

thanks for the reply Ben, Well they have a deal on right now with line rental and broadband for around 20 pound a month, which i think is fairly decent. If they actually provide anything up to 14mb which they say. I didnt know it was the same company as orange and tmobile, this makes me want it less now. Thanks for letting me know.

In the past couple of months I have had to use the 3 dongle, its ridiculously expensive, 2.99 for 500 mb and expires a day after or 10 pound for 1 gb for a week, and 500 mb even a gb is nothing really.

I might just end up going with virgin.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

I’ve got a 3 dongle, £17 a month for 15gb

As I’ve just moved to lancaster for work it seems to be pretty perfect for me, I’m stuck in for 2 years though :/ Hopefully be able to do something with that, moving it over to something else or something etc

748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
Gareth_Gillman says

EE BB was the Orange BB which was atrocious

I am with BT on Fibre (65mb) and we pay £28 a month + line rental (so £42 a month) which is cheaper than the Virgin offering.

If you think sky are bad, EE / Orange are for worse IMHO.

Go with BT / Plusnet (owned by BT but cheaper / currently have half price BB)

For EE to give you BB / line rental for £20 a month, you’re paying £6 a month for the BB, which ultimately means it will be crap as they aren’t making any money from it.

Been with BT for 8 years now and any issues are quickly resolved and get the advertised speeds :)

169 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+3 more
mikedidthis says

I have used Be Broadband for the last 8 years, and 3 different addresses. In that time I think I have had 2 issues, both resolved within 24 hours. Support is amazing, and you can even speak to them via twitter!

https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage
210 posts
+2 more
codeblvck says

Thanks very much guys for your input. I really like the fact that plusnet have an online chat agent on their website, but other then being cold and giving me small answers, ill have to wait roughly 3 weeks for it to be set up. Too long a wait.

for bebroadband, being able to contact them through twitter and facebook is awesome, but their feeds are full of people complaining about one thing or the other, i reckon thats a miss too.

Talk talk or virgin next.

Thanks again

169 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+3 more
mikedidthis says
by
by
by