1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Sweden
masviken says

Hi guys,

I’m helping a client with their WP blog (I have installed numerous themes before), but now I’m getting the “broken theme” error with the theme SmartStart by Smuliii. Googled a lot, and it seems to be a common issue since people are trying to upload the whole zip/folder instead of just the theme zip/folder. I have tried uploading it both manually (FTP) and via the UI.

Not getting any response from the developer, tried Twitter and email.

Any help would be much appreciated.

/Tomas

16 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
crystalballltd says

What is Envato/Themeforest’s rules on publishers not responding?

I too have the SmartStart theme and use it for our business site and have a number of urgent issues which we need help with. Looking at the comments on the item, it would seem that there are quite a few people suffering from errors and Smuliii is not responding? (Last response was 15 days ago)

I’m not sure if something has happened to Smuliii, as he/she used to be very proactive at responding, but recently he has started to take long breaks in between answering questions, which as you can imagine is a bit of a nightmare for customers.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
BenSheppard says

What is Envato/Themeforest’s rules on publishers not responding?

I too have the SmartStart theme and use it for our business site and have a number of urgent issues which we need help with. Looking at the comments on the item, it would seem that there are quite a few people suffering from errors and Smuliii is not responding? (Last response was 15 days ago)

I’m not sure if something has happened to Smuliii, as he/she used to be very proactive at responding, but recently he has started to take long breaks in between answering questions, which as you can imagine is a bit of a nightmare for customers.

Authors are in no way obliged to offer support, if they do, that’s a bonus. If the template doesn’t work, contact support and get a refund, if it’s something you can’t work out, hire a freelancer

16 posts
crystalballltd says

Ooooh dear, that’s not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for clearing that up though Ben.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Ooooh dear, that’s not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for clearing that up though Ben.

No worries, you’ll find plenty of people are happy to help in the forums, but most will refer you to the author, kind of circle

3447 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

If you take a look at Smuliii’s profile, it seems they’ve had some issues but are now back supporting their themes. I expect they have a lot of support requests to review, but it looks like they do intend to respond to them all :)

16 posts
crystalballltd says

Hi Sevenspark, unfortunately Smuliii didn’t date the update on their profile. However I’m sure I’ve read that some time ago. Think they’re struggling again.

97 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Finland
+4 more
Smuliii says

Nothing bad hasn’t happened to me! :)

I just started a full-time job a few months ago, so obviously I don’t have as much time for support as I had before (when I was a full-time freelancer). But I will definitely reply all the questions, when I just find some time.

485 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
+1 more
iHelp says

Hire somebody ;)

16 posts
crystalballltd says

Hi Smuliii, glad to hear you are well and nothing bad has happened to you. (Note I have tried contacting you on Linkedin and Twitter so apologies if you’re feeling a little bombarded)

I’ve left my problem on the comments forum. There seems to be more than just me effected by issues with the slider functionality in SmartStart WP.

Could really do with launching my site by the end of the week and this is holding it up. (Note: I’ve already de-activated all recently updated plugins but made no difference)

Also congratulations on the new job, however as ThemeSector-Support suggested perhaps hiring some outsourced support would be a good idea or explicitly stating that you can’t offer a high level of support for your themes on the item pages. That way customers can make a more informed purchasing decision.

by
by
by
by
by
by