66 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Diabolique says

Hi!

Could you tell me what’s wrong with typography on this theme: http://www.demo1.diaboliquedesign.com/3/

I’ve received 2 following advices from reviewer:

Overall template typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for ThemeForest. 1. Use proper heading levels and style them accordingly. 2. Increase the size of your paragraphs 3. Consider another font for your paragraphs.
The typography requires more work. Read here: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/typography-articles/a-beginners-guide-to-pairing-fonts/

I replaced fonts (Titillium and Georgia -> Oswald and Open sans -> Droid sans) and improved other things but it was rejected again.

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Hi,

Personally, I think it’s quite difficult to read the content of #frontpage-info, maybe you should try increasing the spacing / size of the words, or even change the font type to something more legible at that size (see point #2 / #3 of the reviewer’s comment).

Also, I would suggest you to use larger font size for headings. Right now, they are having almost the same size as the content text (this is what the reviewer means at point #1).

Thanks and good luck getting accepted ;)

143 posts Designer & Developer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Webbu says

+1 Need to increase fonts and a bit small changes then Approved ! :) Nice Theme..

181 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

i suggest styling the headings or at least using another color for the headings and increase the line-height of your pharagraphs

21 posts
amabil says

You should put posts title in H tag, not in span as you do, as reviewer said ( “Use proper heading levels… “)

66 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Diabolique says

Thanks for your help. Now my theme was rejected because design is not unique and too simple.

by
by
by
by
by
by