86 posts
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
groupp says

In an effort to release more refined scripts on code canyon, the first time, would it be possible to set up a bug testing group? Obviously to avoid senseless self promotion authors would need to be verified etc.

When we release a script, we go through it and test for bugs, but no sooner do we put it live that 2-3 bugs are found. As we all know everyone uses whatever we make different, from different computers and different browsers. I am willing to bug test some scripts in order to get mine bug tested as well. Maybe each author could have a page where you could submit bug reports alone per script?

Any one have any thoughts on this subject?

738 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+1 more
greenline says

The idea is quite nice, however, I really doubt you will find authors available to do this. Usually, authors are too busy with their own scripts, while buyers are not interested in testing, they are here to buy already tested things….

Other alternatives for better tests coverage are: 1) finding freelancers on freelancing websites for testing or 2) usage of browserstack dot com, which is a tool that can emulate various iOS, devices or browsers. It’s a good tool, compared with other so-called “simulators”, browserstack really emulates the operating system behavior, not only re-sizes the screen to test responsiveness, like other websites do.

5086 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

I would be happy to help, but only from client side issues.

86 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
groupp says

Yes testing from the client side..not having people write our code for us… I would be happy to also client side test other peoples scripts as well.

5086 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Yes testing from the client side..not having people write our code for us… I would be happy to also client side test other peoples scripts as well.

Happy to help, we may have had cross words in the past. But I still rate you as a coder, and always willing to help. Proactively.

158 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
michaeldale says

It is an interesting idea, but I suspect most authors will be too busy to help you.

I often release beta version of my applications for my registered clients (I have a secured portal setup for this) and I have some great users who always test the betas for me.

by
by
by
by
by
by