80 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
Mode54 says

I’m still pretty new to the Envato marketplace. All my professional experience in programming has been as an employee. Besides the random freelance gig here and there I’ve never been able to really breakout and start my own thing.

Finding this marketplace has giving me some real hope at kicking off a business. I’m seriously considering jumping in full steam. The goal is to transition away from employee to full time Micro-ISV using Envato as a springboard.

Is there anyone out there who has done this? Even if you have other products and services… did you start with Envato? I’d love to hear your story even if you’re still pushing to reach those goals.

BTW check out this guys story [link edited by Mod]. Found it on another thread here. He didn’t start with Envato but my goal is to achieve similar success with Envato.

—ClearCase [Link removed by Mod, no self promotion]

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

I didn’t start with Envato, but I did use it as a way to provide a little bit of supplemental income while I was in college. It just grew over a one year’s time and now is able to entirely support me, even though it’s not the only thing I do.

80 posts
+3 more
Mode54 says

Did your other ventures help with your Envato portfolio or vise versa?

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says
ClearCase said
Did your other ventures help with your Envato portfolio or vise versa?

They definitely both help each other. My freelance development work helps to improve the quality of files I can produce, as well as give me inspiration for new ones. My Code Canyon development gives me more opportunities to improve me dev quality without taking up client’s valuable time.

693 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
OhmLab says

Hey ClearCase,

You definitely can! It’s like anything else in life. You get out what you put in. I get more freelance work and new relationships through Envato than anything else, and the sales don’t hurt one bit either. ;) I think the main things are to have realistic expectations, set goals, persevere, network and never undersell yourself. Always strive to better yourself, your work and to learn every day. Reward yourself when you do well and work through weekends when needed. Re-invest the money you earn into your business and sell yourself at any chance that presents itself. Be humble and ask for help, and help those who ask for yours.

You can do it. The first step is by far the hardest. Best of luck out there!

Cheers, OhmLab

2579 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Im a gap year student making some money before going to University. All you need is one good file and you can make a decent amount each month.

1594 posts Chris Robinson
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says
2058 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Landonw says
ThemeProvince said
Im a gap year student making some money before going to University. All you need is one good file and you can make a decent amount each month.

ssshhh

No, you can’t make any money here. Go elsewhere. It’s too saturated. Just… there’s the door.

80 posts
+3 more
Mode54 says
contempoinc said
I’ll leave this here: http://notes.envato.com/milestones/ormanclark-breaks-monthly-marketplace-sales-record/

That’s encouraging… Thanks for the link.

by
by
by
by
by
by