nikitadoroshenko
nikitadoroshenko Recent Posts Threads Started
35 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
nikitadoroshenko says

Hey guys.

I was installing Orizon template, and i find header navigation menu on this template very strange, i think author using lot’s of unused code.

Orizon <!- Add a image to the style or remove the text-indent to display the text -> <!- nav -> <!- header ->

I just wondering if it will be correct and right, if i will remove all ‘ul’ ‘li’ tags, and will make menu with ‘a’ and divs only.

Why i need to use this code:

<div id="header"> <a href="index.html" id="logo">Orizon</a> <!-- Add a image to the style or remove the text-indent to display the text --> <ul id="nav"> <li class="active"><a href="index.html">Home</a></li> <li><a href="blog.html">Blog</a></li> <li><a href="portfolio.html">Portfolio</a></li> <li><a href="about.html">About</a> </li></ul> <!-- nav --> </div> <!-- header -->

When i can use lesser code with less css:

<div id="header"> <a href="index.html" id="logo">Orizon</a> <a href="index.html" class="active">Home</a> <a href="blog.html">Blog</a> <a href="portfolio.html">Portfolio</a> <a href="about.html">About</a> </div>
83 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Cepreu says

See ‘Poor List Mark-up’ section - http://wiki.envato.com/selling/selling-rejections/themeforest-common-rejection-factors/

The author did everything right.

64 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Biggish says
I just wondering if it will be correct and right, if i will remove all ‘ul’ ‘li’ tags, and will make menu with ‘a’ and divs only.

Oh… “div based” coding… :)

962 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

Author’s code is grand, you can of coarse ‘correct’ it if you want :|

nikitadoroshenko
nikitadoroshenko Recent Posts Threads Started
35 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
nikitadoroshenko says
Oh… “div based” coding… :)

Nah, i’m not a divitis :) http://csscreator.com/divitis

I’m just trying to learn methods of building a web sites with as less code as it’s possible, and would like to know if it’s normal, I’d like to make sites, to load very fast, and i think less code, it’s a little step forward for fast loading and optimization…

2445 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Menus build with unordered lists are a semantic standard. Everybody uses them like this – Orizon has no problems in the nav, it’s well written.

You can of course rebuild it with whatever you like and maybe save 0.000001 seconds on page load :)

3220 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

if your worried about site loading time check this out it may help here

1734 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

LOL

Let’s do some common sense thinking:

How to find a website that shows good load optimization practices? – I should think of a website with a lot of traffic.
A website with a lot of traffic? – Twitter
What do they use for their navigaiton? – UL
Should I use UL too? – Yes!

1950 posts Do the Needful
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+10 more
JamiGibbs says
LOL

Let’s do some common sense thinking:

How to find a website that shows good load optimization practices? – I should think of a website with a lot of traffic.
A website with a lot of traffic? – Twitter
What do they use for their navigaiton? – UL
Should I use UL too? – Yes!

+1

367 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

So using as little code as possible should be rule number 1 or what. That is just silly.

by
by
by
by
by
by