nikitadoroshenko
nikitadoroshenko Recent Posts Threads Started
35 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
nikitadoroshenko says

Google company use in their code only ‘a’ tags without any lists (if you’ll check top and bottom menus).

I’m sure not silly people working in so huge company, and their web site more powerfull on all ways then Twitter.

367 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says
Google company use in their code only ‘a’ tags without any lists (if you’ll check top and bottom menus). I’m sure not silly people working in so huge company, and their web site more powerfull on all ways then Twitter.

Nonsense…

But sure use that ONE example as basis of all your decisions and good luck with it.

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says
Google company use in their code only ‘a’ tags without any lists (if you’ll check top and bottom menus). I’m sure not silly people working in so huge company, and their web site more powerfull on all ways then Twitter.

Roflcopter, that is alll :D

3266 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

you do realize google has like 80 million servers(exaggeration) right? server load time for them is/should be as fast at your ips can load it.

google = a company that wants to take over the world proof here

143 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
cramdesign says

List items are the correct way to do it. You cannot have more than one level without them. To even see a 1k difference, you would have to have more than 100 items in your menu and with that many items you would really want the structure that a list can provide. For dynamic menus, there is no question, do it with list items. For a small, hard coded menu, just using anchor tags is probably ok.

303 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+7 more
ThemeGoods says

Depend on how do you use it right?

If your site is millions visitors per month or many many concurrent users then your simple code is the best but if you have only thousands requests why wasting time?

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Don’t use Google as an example ( codewise :D ), they use too complicated things to learn from. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by