nikitadoroshenko Recent Posts
Threads Started
35 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
nikitadoroshenko says

Google company use in their code only ‘a’ tags without any lists (if you’ll check top and bottom menus).

I’m sure not silly people working in so huge company, and their web site more powerfull on all ways then Twitter.

367 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
UI20 says
Google company use in their code only ‘a’ tags without any lists (if you’ll check top and bottom menus). I’m sure not silly people working in so huge company, and their web site more powerfull on all ways then Twitter.

Nonsense…

But sure use that ONE example as basis of all your decisions and good luck with it.

962 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Ireland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
EireStudio says
Google company use in their code only ‘a’ tags without any lists (if you’ll check top and bottom menus). I’m sure not silly people working in so huge company, and their web site more powerfull on all ways then Twitter.

Roflcopter, that is alll :D

3113 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

you do realize google has like 80 million servers(exaggeration) right? server load time for them is/should be as fast at your ips can load it.

google = a company that wants to take over the world proof here

143 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
cramdesign says

List items are the correct way to do it. You cannot have more than one level without them. To even see a 1k difference, you would have to have more than 100 items in your menu and with that many items you would really want the structure that a list can provide. For dynamic menus, there is no question, do it with list items. For a small, hard coded menu, just using anchor tags is probably ok.

303 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
ThemeGoods says

Depend on how do you use it right?

If your site is millions visitors per month or many many concurrent users then your simple code is the best but if you have only thousands requests why wasting time?

1733 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
VisualSharing says

Don’t use Google as an example ( codewise :D ), they use too complicated things to learn from. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by