26 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
buggerlugs says

I have a client who needs to upload a few thousand images to my web space. I need some kind of ftp client or multiple image upload tool. My client is not tech literate.

I spent all day yesterday looking at various tools but found nothing suitable.

Ideally i would prefer a flash based uploader or something ajax based for simplicity. Tools where each image has to be entered in a separate form field are not suitable obviously (sadly most decent web based ftps are like this).

Does anyone know any?

I found a really nice thing but the price was way out of my budget for a 1 time use program: http://quadroland.com/q_imageuploader/

There are a few options on themeforest but none seem to be what I’m looking for.

2821 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

I’ve seen a non-tech literate customer of mine use FileZilla with no problems at all.

He uploads a few hundred images a month using it. He opens FileZilla and clicks the “connect” button. It loads up to the correct local and remote folders, then he just drags and drops.

Once the images are uploaded, he goes to a custom php script on the server which does the image processing (ie: linking them all in the database, generating thumbnails, etc..)

26 posts
  • United Kingdom
buggerlugs says

installing software isnt really an option either, if i have to go the ftp route then it really needs to be web based – I’m talking really non tech here ;p

630 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
RobbyDesigns says

There are loads of free uploading sites around like ‘DepositFiles’, ‘Rapidshare’* etc that your client can use to upload his images (put them in a zipped folder first).

Once he’s upped the folder he’ll be shown a link which he emails to you; you click the link and download. Easy.

*These sites are used by dodgy people swapping illegal files so only download from the link your client gives you or you’ll get internet VD

26 posts
  • United Kingdom
buggerlugs says

just for peoples info, I did find something that was exactly what I was looking for http://www.easyflashuploader.com/

Such an obvious url too :p

by
by
by
by
by
by