• Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

I’ve made a calculator for current bundle (it works in the same way as pixelentity’s): http://www.env1ro.com/envato_bundle_calculator/?x=50

x=50 is a item price (you can choose from 3-50).

I’m not a programmer, so please be understanding if something is wrong, you get some PHP errors. Script works on Jeffrey Way’s Envato Marketplace API Wrapper class.

Hope you like it :)
Yh, theres an error, maybe you should of tested it before you posted it.. + you dont need the Envato API

My bad, it worked till bundle pack was on sale. Could you tell why I don’t need to use API – what is the other way?

I posted my calc here on forum: http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/authors-bundle-earnings-calculator/59903?page=7#627265

well thats why, because you cant get the sales via the API if the item is no longer for sale.

732 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
50andJACK says

If I’m allowed I’ll post my earnings.

I don’t see why this wouldn’t be allowed (unless you’ve already been told otherwise I guess). But someone should make a list of what everybody earned. It would be great motivation to make awesome files that could be considered for a future bundle :)

-Jack

3674 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

well thats why, because you cant get the sales via the API if the item is no longer for sale.

So cache the sales count while you can, and when the API does not give you a value anymore, start relying on your cache. ;)

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

So cache the sales count while you can, and when the API does not give you a value anymore, start relying on your cache. ;)

It could still be wrong if no one used the website, say 2 hours before the sale ended.. you would get old cache

222 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
env1ro says

It could still be wrong if no one used the website, say 2 hours before the sale ended.. you would get old cache

As I said before, I’m not a programmer, but thanks for informations & instructions. I will improve my script as much as I can :)

260 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
Prothemeus says

The bundle made 7378 total sales.

You can calculate how much each author made like this:

Half the bundle value goes to Envato, and the other half is split amongst authors based on the value of their file. So your percentage of the earnings is your file price(3$ to 50$) divided by the total bundle value (523$).

Only 7378 sales? Wow, that’s quite a difference compared to last year. Didn’t the previous bundle sell about 21.000 times?

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

The bundle made 7378 total sales.

You can calculate how much each author made like this:

Half the bundle value goes to Envato, and the other half is split amongst authors based on the value of their file. So your percentage of the earnings is your file price(3$ to 50$) divided by the total bundle value (523$).

Only 7378 sales? Wow, that’s quite a difference compared to last year. Didn’t the previous bundle sell about 21.000 times?

I found that I already had all the good items so it was not worth it.

33 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
Tricycle says

Hi, I was gone all weekend so missed all this. I haven’t been told by Envato what I’ve earned yet, I was just going off the calculateor on www.env1ro.com(although it’s broken now) which said about $3k the last time I checked it. I’m at 69% earnings rate now, so this would have pretty much made gotten me to Elite, hence I asked the question.

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Hi, I was gone all weekend so missed all this. I haven’t been told by Envato what I’ve earned yet, I was just going off the calculateor on www.env1ro.com(although it’s broken now) which said about $3k the last time I checked it. I’m at 69% earnings rate now, so this would have pretty much made gotten me to Elite, hence I asked the question.

It does not matter what your earning rate is, I dont think anyway… I think that would just get way to complicated.

33 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
Tricycle says

Oh no no I didn’t think the bundle earnings were determined by my regular earnings rate. I just was hoping that it counted towards my progression towards Elite(70%). I guess this thread has gone off topic alot since I started it!

I don’t know anymore really, as I said I was working off that handy calculator.

It does not matter what your earning rate is, I dont think anyway… I think that would just get way to complicated.
by
by
by
by
by
by