• Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I am pretty annoyed at the quality of some Business card on this site, we all get awarded $6 but a lot of these cards that are being excepted are below par.

If you were to put say 10 card next to each other and ask some one to estimate the price of each, I can almost be positive they are not going to be the same amount!

Reviewers if you going to accept these poor card you should at least make them cheaper, or make the well done one a little more expensive, as business cards are suppose to start from $6 not just all priced that way.

As there are no sub categories they poor card are just clogging up the system making it harder for buyers to find good materials, which reflects poorly on the market place.

523 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Denmark
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+5 more
Zeplix says

Everyone has different styles, and prefer different things. It’s important to remember that just because you think something is low quality, does not mean that everyone thinks so. Looking through your files, there are many that I wouldn’t like, or consider “low quality”, however I’m sure that comes down to style and opinion, and I wouldn’t criticise for that.

I do agree that files should be priced differently though, but if you look through the business card section, business cards ARE priced differently. (from $4 to around $8, with bundles at $25).

I suggest if you find some items that you consider considerably sub-par, that you write a little list of them, and send them off to support for them to look over them again.

846 posts
  • Malaysia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
kaixer says

big +1. 8)

Most of them love to see their business card approved but then they cry like a baby because don’t get any sales. LOL .

:whistle:

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I had a similar concern the other day over a flyer that was accepted so I opened a support ticket, and to be fair, the item was removed…

I ended up feeling rather guilty ha I was more so annoyed at the fact it had equal pricing to other items that were far more intricate and higher quality

2097 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I have sold at least 2 of every card i have made meaning someone found I use full.

But I see so many accepted that I don’t think people will have a need for which is reflected in the sales of there business cards, as i check back to see if these item have sold and so far no item that I have thought had low quality has actually had any sales.

I would rather they lift the bar a lot higher even if it mean some of my item don’t get accepted every time.

846 posts
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
kaixer says

There are lots of business card don’t get any sale since 2009 and obviously no spring cleaning like Amanda said before. :sarcasm:

180 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Lung says

Maybe Envato should “Auto Clean” items, wich get no sales since x-weeks/months and get them first in a “Sale” category for a week or two. If an Item get’s more than 3 Sales it goes back to the normal Marketplace, if not, it gets deleted. I think this would be a nice solution for the Problem. Some items didn’t get enough exposure, some are just not hitting the market and “spam” the marketplace.

Just a fast idea. What do you think about it? :)

2097 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Lung said
Maybe Envato should “Auto Clean” items, wich get no sales since x-weeks/months and get them first in a “Sale” category for a week or two. If an Item get’s more than 3 Sales it goes back to the normal Marketplace, if not, it gets deleted. I think this would be a nice solution for the Problem. Some items didn’t get enough exposure, some are just not hitting the market and “spam” the marketplace. Just a fast idea. What do you think about it? :)

Really good idea some thing needs to be done with business cards as there are so many but no way to sort, getting rid of item that are not going to sell would be a good step forward, and the sale ides is great give them one last change and if no sale remove.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by