38 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
DVLPmedia says

Hello Envato members!

I was hoping to get some advice from you all.. I wanted to change my username and business entity before it is too late.

My current username is DVLP Media (Develop Media). I thought it was a cool name, but a lot of people don’t get the dvlp part or get that its an acronym for DEVELOP.

Some ideas: Media Gurus (I own mediagur.us). Thought it would be a cool/creative name/url. Graphic Gurus (I own graphicgur.us) Amptivate (amptivate.com) Gawk Designs (gawkdesigns.com) Wooste (wooste.com)

These are my current ideas. I was hoping for some critique and/or suggestions. I have a namestation.com account, and have been on there for several days doing research, and have yet to find something worth using. At this point, just looking for some inspiration

My goal is for something that is 1) easy to understand and remember, 2) easily brand-able, 3) does not limit my potential clients (graphic gurus will limit me to only graphics).

Thank you in advance, Joe

1950 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
mafloral says

How about MediaPixels or Elemental Media.

I always liked those names.

Cheers

Lester

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
DVLPmedia says

How about MediaPixels or Elemental Media.

I always liked those names.

Cheers

Lester

Lester, thank you for the quick reply! Those are awesome ideas!

However, the domain name must also be available. This is what has made this whole process so difficult for me.

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United States
sheliasutherl says

Your company name is good but sound too old. To get idea about Business name you can check this article out http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/21774

538 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Typps says

mediagur.us and graphicgur.us give you a brief awe moment, but the letters preceding the period don’t form a complete word and both sound awkward when spelt.

wooste.com seems like a nice domain, I’d definitely keep this around for a bit longer but wouldn’t use it for what your proposing. Mainly because it reminds me of “waste” :P

So far, from the list you’ve proposed, gawkdesigns.com is the one I like the most. So if you have design and art work that is worth gawking i’d use this one :)

Apart from the gawking aspect, it’s easy to remember and sticks with you.

518 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
abstract-labs says

I like: Pixel Sheriff :D or maybe Media Ranger

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
StencilMedia says

The people who sort out your driving licenses in the UK are called the DVLA, and that’s what it reminds me of. You know, old skool, government, stuffy etc.

I’m not 100% sure on your other suggestions. Terms like guru, rock star and ninja should be left for clients to use… we don’t want to perpetuate their use. If I was really a rockstar then I’d get all my clients to send me 100 tubes of smarties with all the green ones removed and I’d never be able to complete their work as I’d be in the cells after throwing TVs out of the hotel window.

Sorry, kind of went off on one there. Anyway, the best one for me out of the ones you’ve said is Wooste. I’ve no idea what it means or if it stands for anything, but it sounds fun and it;s enjoyable to say, if that makes sense? I still think you could come up with a better one, but it;s pretty good. Maybe add a bit of ‘media’ or ‘productions’ or ‘studios’ or ‘digital’ on the end to make it clear it’s a creative company. Wooste Media could work.

How about a place, person, building, landmark in your local area… you could maybe draw inspiration from that. Or if I was in a bind, I’d grab a book on physics or astronomy and pull something from there, they always sound cool. Hold on, I’ll do that now.

Axion Productions Cygnus Media Iridium Digital

Nothing too fancy, but they could work.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Poland
holloha90 says

you should think about smt that sounds modern.

290 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
sniperatic says

Amptivate (amptivate.com)

I like that name! Sounds unique and also isn’t to long.

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
DVLPmedia says

Thank you ALL for the input!

I guess I’ll keep the .us domain names and try to sell them or something.

As of now, the most popular ones are Wooste and Amptivate. Those are my top choices, unless I come up with some other ideas.

by
by
by
by
by
by