347 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Won a competition
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
RikdeVos says

really… why?

Because all articles in the knowledge base are rated 1/5 or 0.5/5 stars :)

1745 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

really… why?
Because all articles in the knowledge base are rated 1/5 or 0.5/5 stars :)

Not all but most of them. Anonymous rating allowed, some people give 1 star for no reason :)

206 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
biyanpasau says

At least they know how does it feel. haha

815 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Am I the only one that actually read the requirements and noticed a bunch of redudant/repeating sentences here?

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Hi guys, as many of you know, the Knowledgebase recently replaced the old Envato Wiki, and it is under constant renewal/improvement.

Much like when we receive item ratings without any justification, it would be immensely helpful if everyone could provide some feedback on what can/should be improved.

I’m sure the Knowledgebase Team would be delighted to receive as much constructive feedback as possible. So if there’s anything you don’t quite understand, or think needs to be polished/revised, feel free to contribute.

6083 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

1 star from 19 users is pretty surprising and probably doesn’t reflect reality.

The rating option itself is unnecessary for these pages. Since the knowledge-base’s purpose is to help users, the quality of help should reflect in the form of reduced support requests, questions, complaints etc.

I guess those rating options added just as a formality / filler; not as a tool to understand user experience. Neither the user gives honest feedback nor the system going to understand exactly what lacks through star rating.

Much like when we receive item ratings without any justification, it would be immensely helpful if everyone could provide some feedback on what can/should be improved.

Exactly. But the problem is users are not born to give feedbacks to improve the ‘help system’ itself. They are there to ‘get help’.

6083 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

So considering this example, what I want to suggest to Envato is… please improve the item rating system with more detailed way like amazon! :D

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Exactly. But the problem is users are not born to give feedbacks to improve the ‘help system’ itself. They are there to ‘get help’.

Hi Ramesh, well-thought, definitely, I see your point and completely agree. My intention was rather an attempt to steer the thread more towards authors providing constructive criticism, instead of maybe having the thread simply become an all out Knowledgebase bashing.

After all, authors do deal with marketplace user/buyer support on a constant basis, and so, are extremely qualified to have their say on how the Knowledgebase can eventually provide an even better and more comprehensible user-friendly environment.

So considering this example, what I want to suggest to Envato is… please improve the item rating system with more detailed way like amazon! :D

Hopefully they will!

69 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+5 more
jesshooper says

Thanks Dzinc!

I’d just like to chime in here and say that we definitely welcome constructive criticism! I work on the Knowledgebase copy and content and keep a pretty close eye on the ratings and the feedback we receive.

VF is partially right in that the star ratings are limited in how much they can tell us. We do however use them to keep an eye on the most painful and frequent issues for both authors and buyers. If an article gets a lot of views, and a lot of poor ratings, it’s usually either due to issues with the content (or lack thereof) or it’s an issue that is especially frustrating and difficult to resolve. It’s definitely better than no information at all!

I’ve set up a feedback option on some of the most unpopular articles (example: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/126 ) and have gotten some very perceptive and helpful feedback through that channel. They’re not always issues I can answer through a simple change, but it allows me to better understand how authors and buyers use the Knowledgebase and what information you most need updated. Ideally, you should be able to get an understanding of the issue you’re experiencing (if not an outright solution!) before you submit a support ticket.

More feedback is always for the best. You’re more qualified than I am to talk about a problem you’ve encountered! And if it’s something that can be fixed so that other authors don’t need to face the same issue, that’s the ideal outcome for me.

by
by
by
by
by
by