1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Last week we released the Buy Now changes to the marketplaces which are needless to say, a pretty huge change. I promised an update one week later, so I’m back with some more information today!

So far, overall it seems to be going very well. We knew there were a lot of buyers itching for a Buy Now type system and sure enough the numbers have been climbing quickly. On launch about 15% switched that day, and over the last 7 days that number has climbed up to 28% of all sales being Buy Now sales.

This is a good indicator that we are filling a demand that was already there with our regular customers. Support issues about the deposit system have dropped off from being one of the biggest complaints to virtually non-existent (which Jordan and his team are very happy about!)

Overall sales have been strong and steady but not record breaking. Some authors have reported drops, some have reported increases. This is pretty normal I’d say. We’ve been watching GraphicRiver carefully as that was the place with the most increase in prices and overall it seems to be doing OK. There’s been a bit of an overall dip going on these few days of data, but not enough that I can say for sure it’s not just a normal fluctuation.

Today I’ll be announcing Buy Now, CodeCanyon, 3DOcean and a few other changes to our enormous newsletter list and on Tuts+/FreelanceSwitch/AppStorm. We’ve held off for a few days to get some initial data to compare to. This will of course bring a bump in sales as this type of marketing always does.

I’ve got some UI changes in the pipeline as well, though overall we will be sticking to the high price + discount version of giving prices. This has been under lots of debate in the team and on the forums, but we’re going to stick to the original plan.

So all in all, things seem to be going well which is good! As I say this was probably one of the biggest changes we’ve made to the marketplaces since they started. More unknown in many ways than things like the redesign or when we recategorize or change features. So as you would imagine we’re all paying very close attention to what happens!

It’s been a big year this year with the massive redesign, 3 new marketplaces and tons of upgrades and it’s really paid off with the sites many times larger than they were this time last year. I’m looking forward to writing my end-of-year wrap up post soon to look back on what has been the biggest year for Envato to date :-)

116 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
finsta2 says

Well Written. Look at what envato has become. It gets stronger every year.

230 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Meshach says

Envato is getting scarier, it’s becoming this untamed, beast monster thing that no one can stop… Not even Collis.

903 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
Flash_Cart says

Gear Garden! 2010…

8-)

1179 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mabuc says

really impressive, so whats next plan for envato? :)

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Thanks for the update Collis…Thanks to everyone who work hard as well…

230 posts
  • Located in United States
Meshach says
Thanks to everyone who work hard as well…

No problem.

EDIT : (Just kidding btw.)

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Thanks Collis !

For me I had huge raise in my income so I can’t complain.

Yeah what’s next ? :P

1389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
Pdesignx says

“Buy Now” feature was a must due to demand… I am sure it’s gonna move Envato even further… Congrats guys… We all know what you are capable of… This is a small step for Envato, one giant leap for our community…

Keep’em coming…

4337 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

What’s next Collis? This is the biggets marketplace there is, what are we gonna sell next? :D

Text Marketplace? :D :D :D :D

by
by
by
by
by
by